Sunday, June 22, 2008

''EXTRA! Extra! Read all about it!''















Remember that cry from those old movies in which scrappy urban newsboys held up papers with screaming headlines?

Well, have I got news for you............

I'm gonna be a Grandma.........My Baby is having a Baby!!!!!!!

She called me yesterday morning at 5:00 a.m. her time. The stick was POSTIVE!

I have been waiting for this day. Don't get me wrong, I didn't want her to be a pregnant teenager.

She was so sweet, she said that I will be a beautiful, young grandmother and that people will think that the baby is mine. I'm so excited that I want to yell it out to the whole world, but I'm settling for telling everyone I know.

Also, guess when the baby is due? February 26, which is my mom's birthday!
How cool is that?

That's all for now, but you know there will be more over the next few months!!












4 comments:

Lemuel said...

My best wishes for your daughter that she and the baby may be healthy through the pregnancy, delivery, birth, and life!!

Such a sweet extra to have it due around your mother's birthday!

maggie said...

My Dear Lemuel, How appropiate it is that you are the first to
congratulate me. Thank you so much. The birthing date is a wonderful extra, isn't it?

Ur-spo said...

how thrilling!
Nothing thrills so much as knowing there is a grandkid on the way.
Time for some major fun.

maggie said...

Hi Spo, You are SOOO right!!!
I am so thrilled that I don't know if I can contain myself for the next eight months!!!!
I always wanted to be a grandmother and now that it is really going to happen I'm breathless!!!

BTW Thanks so much for your warm and endearing comment.:-)Hugs!

I feel that there is going to be a lot of "on-line grand uncles" to help me enjoy this time!!