Thursday, June 26, 2008

E-BAY

E-bay can be what you make out of it. You get good/bad sellers and good/bad buyers.
I have always had a good experience with my shopping, maybe because I check out the seller's rep or maybe I've just been lucky.

After my surgery, I wanted to buy the surgeons a token of my appreciation. Nothing big just a thank you gift. I had my first post-op appointment yesterday and it went very well. I can go with a cane or one crutch now. I chose the crutch because the cane has so many bad memories for me.
One doctor said that the x-ray taken that day was a text book picture. Meaning that the implant was exactly how it was supposed to be. AKA I was in good shape!

The gift that I decided to give them was scrub hats. (What do you give a surgeon?)

I went on e-bay and found a site that had personalized scrub hats. I chose ones that I thought would fit each ones personality or hobbies. ( I checked with their secretaries )

Here is the final e-mail communication between the e-bay seller and myself...............

(Me)
Hi Vicki,
I received your hats yesterday just when I got home from my check-up with the orthopedic surgeon. Isn't that always the way. It gives me another chance to see him and his partners-in-crime again, so that's a good thing. They were wonderful to me and I love them for what they did for me......help me walk again!!

Anyhow, the real reason I'm writing is to thank you so much for the quick delivery and the hats. They are FANTASTIC!!! The workmanship and the stitching is beautiful.

I'm going to comment on E-bay but I just wanted you to know personnally how pleased I am. So pleased that I thnk I'm going to have to marry a surgeon.

Warm Regards,
Maggie

PS I kept the pug hat for myself of course.


(This was her response to me)
Maggie, I love you and don't even know you! What a nice way to start my day today! It was a pleasure doing business with you! Please let know if your surgeon enjoys his hats.
Take care, Hovi

Her e-mail started my day off in a great mood also.

I really don't know where I'm going with this except to say, be nice to people and they will be nice to you. Win win situation!! :-)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

We need to heed that advice everyday!

What a cute idea as a thank you gift to the surgeons, btw, and I am so very happy to read that all is progressing/healing as it should!

maggie said...

Thank you my friend and I'm happy to hear that you think it was a cute idea. I was a bit worried.
Love Always,
Maggie

Ur-spo said...

that is kind of you
it also bodes well that some where doctors can still receive tokens of thanks from their patients.
if I even receive a thank you card it is technically a no-no.

maggie said...

Dear Spo, Thank You.
I didn't even give it a second thought about them not being allowed to receive gifts. I get them from patients all the time.
Why is it a no-no in your neck of the woods?

Ur-spo said...

after decades of psychiatry involved with scandals with patients (viz dating or having sex with them) it has swung the opposite way and NO contact or transactions are permissible.
someday the pendulum will go to the middle.

maggie said...

Thanks for the answer Spo. I can understand how some women could become fixated on their doctor. Especially psychiarists, as they share their emotions with them but it is up to the doctor to draw the line.
It's the bad apples in any profession that causes problems fro the rest.