Saturday, July 05, 2008

MAGGIE'S MEME

This is going to be a postive meme that I made up because I think everyone needs to realize what's important in their life.

The Meme is........name five things that you love in your life and why. Here goes........

1. My Daughter Natalie.
I love her more than life itself. I never wanted to have another child because I would have to share that love. Sounds weird? That love is reciprocated ten times over.
Unconditional love, there's nothing like it in this world.

2. My Family.
My family is reserved but when the chips are down, they are there for me. I have always been the wild child, but if ever I needed them, they were there. I am an independent person but with my past surgery I have had to ask for help. They were there for me night and day.

3. Rosey.
This little girl has gotten me through a difficult period in my life. My surgery, the trauma I went through before I had it, and the recovery. To hear her quiet?? snoring in the night, gives me peace that I am not alone. (To those who don't know , Rosey is my darling pug).

4. My New Apartment
I LOVE IT!!!! It's downtown, cosy and gorgeous. I live on the eight floor and have a fantastic view. I also mingle with the other tenants on the elevator or walking their dogs. This is very good for me as my tendency to be a recluse was not healthy for me and my depression.

5. My New Hip
OMG, this has given me a new lease on life. I can walk normally and without pain (although I still use one crutch for now). No one and I mean NO ONE can know what this is like unless they have gone through it themselves.


No one has to do this meme but I would dearly like to know what my blog friends love in their life.

5 comments:

TigerYogiji said...

Faaabulous!

I will try to do this meme soon! :)

TigerYogiji said...

P.S. You have the wrong address for my blog in your links area. It should be:

www.tigeryogiji.wordpress.com

Thanks! :)

Lemuel said...

A great positive post, Maggie! We all need to celebrate what is good in our lives!

Of course, you know me to be a meme ... *a-hem* ;) ... so I keep this one in mind.

I am loving hearing that the surgery has been a success for you!!

Ur-spo said...

a nice list indeed
when you are feeling lousy, get out this list.

maggie said...

To All My Kind Friends:

Dear TY, Thank you for your lovely comment. I missed you and also thanks for your new address!!!

Dear Lemuel, Thank you for your kind wishes regarding my surgery. I always love to hear from you!!

Dear Spo, You are absolutely right.
What a great idea!! I will print it off and tape it to my fridge.
You are a dear and I really appreciate that you always take the time to read and comment on my blog!!