Monday, December 10, 2007

Bad News and Good News

I had my appointment with the orthopedic surgeon this morning. According to my patients (at work) and everyone else, if you need a hip replacement in this city, you are looking at a 2-3 year wait list. "Whoopidoo, I thought, I have to live with this pain forever".

Well, after my appointment today and according to the orthopedist , I should have had a hip replacement yesterday!

He would have put me on a wait list today but due to the fact that I live on the third floor, he wanted to give me time to find an apartment on the ground floor. Three months to be exact.
I have to find a new place to live by March.
I love my apartment but if it means a new painfree life , so be it!!

When we were finished and I saw his secretary, she couldn't believe it. She said she has never seen anyone so young, with such degeneration. She also said she has never seen him, (the doctor) wanting surgery so soon.

That's the bad news, the good news is......after the surgery and healing, I will be myself again.
That alone makes me want to jump.(IF I could) :)

He also told me that my other hip will have to be done. Why, oh why, I asked? "It's not in my family history".
"Sometimes, you just get the crappy gene in the family pool," he responded.

Story of my life guys/gals , no one else has the depression gene either, just my mother and her father.

Never mind all this, I am so very happy!!!

We take for granted what is normal,
And when we don't have it.......
We realize how precious it is.

Hugs,
Maggie

6 comments:

Lemuel said...

I assume he will "wait" and do the surgery post the new apartment. I will keep you in my good thoughts - not only for finding a wonderful ground floor apartment, but also for the success of the surgery. What a bummer!! Yes, you are MUCH too young for this kind of thing!!

Anonymous said...

I'm just not sure what to say because frankly I am in shock over this news. You must be in more pain then you let on girl!

Good luck with it!

Ur-spo said...

new hips are relatively quick and routine surgeries nowadays.
so when it is done you will be brandy as a billygoat and feeling so much better.
just don't ask for a pair like Fergie's

maggie said...

Hi Lemuel, Thanks for all your upbeat thoughts. I really appreciate them. Hugs Maggie

Hi BG, I actually am Heather. Sometimes it's excruciating but hey, life goes on. Thanks for your thoughts. Take Care! Maggie

Hi Spo, You're too much!!! You always make me laugh. I love your attitude towards things. I know I will be much better and as I said in my post I am actually excited.

Thanks for the pick me up!
Maggie

John said...

Hey there Darlin', I ain't been 'round as much as i'd like, so it seems like I misssed a few things... I'm so sorry to hear that y'all are needin' a hip-replacement at your young age. All my prayers an' love baby doll...Remember, you are a True Goddess!
Huggs, etc... Bunny Lynn

maggie said...

Hi Bunny, Thank you so much for your prayers snd good thoughts.
You are a true Queen of Glory and Compassion. I missed you sooooo much!! Love Maggie