Friday, October 12, 2007

It's The Weekend.....Fantástico !!!!!

Well it's Friday again, so I guess that means, it's time for me to post.

I'll start off with the clinic again, to no one's surprise. Today was another great learning experience, for the students and myself as well. I don't know how to say this without bias, but in the short time I have been there, I can tell who's going to be good and who isn't.
Not just because of the quality of their work but their eagerness to learn and correct their mistakes and also take advantage of the instructors knowledge and experience.
The student I was so worried about last week? Well, I talked to her instructor this week and he gave her a U(unacceptable) today. (I tried to be kind and gave her a T (learning experience).
She didn't listen to a thing I said last week, which makes me sad and dissappointed.

Of course there are exceptions to every rule, so we'll see........

When I was in clinic (during university) I should have gotten the Eager Beaver Award. I was never afraid to ask anything and took it much more seriously than my theory. Theory couldn't fail me, clinic could. As a result, I got a 99.3 as my final clinic mark, based on the entire time I was there. To me, theory was easy.
I better stop, I think I'm starting to brag. :-)

On totally different note, I ATE TURKEY on Thanksgiving and it was delicioso. No problems with my digestive system or anything.
That's what I was really worried about guys, too many trips to the bathroom. But Nada,
"Lo que un alivio".

Have A Great Weekend Everyone,

Lo que será, será,
Maggie

6 comments:

Lemuel said...

I can only guess by your last statement that you must be trying to locate the serrated knife you used to carve the turkey. Well. Whatever. (**smirk**)

As for your student, you gave her the benefit and she failed to take advantage. She needs to learn how the cookie crumbles!

It's the weekend! Boogie time! Enjoy!

maggie said...

Lemuel, WHAT??????
(**Smirk** bacatcha)
Yes, that is the way the cookie crumbles. She must be eating a shortbread.

Boogie time is right!! Rosey and I have a great weekend planned!!:)

Ur-spo said...

welcome to the wild wacky wonderful world of teaching
there will always be a few 'dud' students though; try to be patient with them as sometimes they are diamands in the rough.
and sometimes they are meree lumps of coal.

maggie said...

I will take your advice to heart, oh wise one. :)
I agree with the "diamonds in the rough" theory and those are the ones that I love to work with.
As for the "lumps of coal" I can only do my best and hope that they will come around.
I really love teaching Spo, and I'm finding out that patience is my best asset.

Thanks for dropping by and giving me some input, I really treasure the views from people I respect and care about.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, who cooked the bird?

Maybe that is what is wrong with Rosie. You know, PU. ;P

So no post till Friday? ;(

How about an environmental day post Monday?

maggie said...

Hi Sweetie, I only cooked the breast of the bird. Rosey is not allowed human food! Nice try though. :)

Right now, I thought I was doing good with at least 1 post a week.
Soon I'll work up to 2 a week.