Friday, October 19, 2007

Friday......

Another great day at the university. I think I'm really beginning to enjoy this gig !! :)

This morning I had a meeting with the Director of The Department of Dental Studies. She wanted to know what my expectations were in regards to my future with the University. I told her that I really was enjoying my time with the students and felt that I had a lot to offer them with my skills and personal interaction. (I was laying low because I didn't really know where this was going).

She was really feeling me out in regards to how much time I could give them, considering I had a full time job. I told her Fridays were fine so far and we would see where we would go from there. They also want me on Monday evenings. She also spoke about a mentoring program that was being developed and would I be interested. I said I would be interested and that it would be something that I would enjoy immensely.

All in all it went well and I am thrilled that they are pleased with my work thus far.

Sorry that all I talk about lately is this, but right now this is very important to my well being and future.

Have a great weekend folks!!!!
Maggie

6 comments:

Lemuel said...

I realize that it stresses your life and schedule, but the mentoring is a great opportunity and I think a great compliment to your skill(s).

maggie said...

Bonsoir Lemuel, Mon dieu, au contraire mon cher.

This new venture actually releases the stress in my life. That is why I have been writing about it so much the past couple of weeks. I realize it is boring to read but for me it is a godsend.
Thank you so much for your support and for taking the time to comment.

Love Maggie

Anonymous said...

Just don't get too busy for stinky Rosie!!

Also, I find the busier you keep the less time you have to be down and out. Sometimes. It is a very positive thing for you to do right now!

steve'swhirlyworld said...

Cool beans Maggie! That's a great feeling, being recognized for good work. It sounds like you're going to get busier. Write when you can...we want to keep reading about how excited you are with your work.

Ur-spo said...

you sound happy; fortunate woman!

maggie said...

Dear BG, I'll never be to busy for for darling Rosey!!
You are absolutely right about keeping busy!!
Thanks for commenting!! :)
PS My baby does not stink, she's too sweet!

Hi Steve, Thanks so much for not being bored with my posts. I promise I will get back to more interesting posts soon. :)
PS I love that expression, "cool beans".

Hi Spo, As always, you are almost always right. :)
In my case you are spot on.
Thanks for the support!! :)