Friday, October 05, 2007

HAPPY THANKSGIVING !!!!!!!

For those of you living in, "The Great White North".

I don't know why they call us that, it's so green here!!

Anyhoo, today was another day at University. I don't know why I write on Fridays lately, maybe it's because I have such a great day at clinic?

Today was fantastic. Busy as hell but very rewarding. I could never see myself teaching in a classroom environment, but teaching in the clinic seems to be my niche, I love it. Probably because I'm one of those people, I like to see immediate results.

Everyone did well today, with the exception of one. I felt terrible but I couldn't give her a passing grade on her assignment. She thought she did great was the worst part. At the end of clinic, I have to give out their evaluations and this one had me worried because she was so confident she had done well. I took her aside after she read my marks, explained all my comments on what she did wrong and then offered her some valuable information that would help her in the future. I hope she takes it. I also offered to help her with a personal tutorial but she didn't actually jump at the offer. Some people are like that and there's nothing I can do about it. Too bad!

Enough with that!! This is our Thanksgiving weekend and I am sooooo happy!! We have Monday and Tuesday off at work. As my sister has moved away (the one where I spend holiday dinners), I'm on my own. I haven't eaten meat in over a month, so I'm wondering if I will have turkey or not. We'll see how I feel. I have nothing against meat, I just haven eaten it since I was sick last month.

I hope you all have a great weekend and to those fellow Canucks........

Happy Thankgiving,

ENJOY...........
Turkey, Stuffing, Cranberry Sauce, Mashed Potatoes & Gravy, etc.(meaning veggies)

8 comments:

steve'swhirlyworld said...

I'm glad you are doing so much better - you sound fantastic! Something to be thankful for this weekend. I hope you enjoy the book recommendation. The authors are: Vesanto Melina, Brenda Davis, and Victoria Harrison. ISBN is 1-57067-013-7 (bookstores can look it up with this number).

Have a great weekend Maggie!

Lemuel said...

Hmmm. Sounds good! Set a place for me, Maggie! O Crap! That's right. I have to work! :)

One of the downers of teaching is having to fail students. It is especially difficult when they are good people. I commend you for taking her aside and explaining and giving hints for improvement.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Ur-spo said...

happy thanksgiving to you too.
and i happen to know from experience it is always august in canada viz, hot and humid and green....

maggie said...

Hi Steve, So nice to hear from you!!! Thanks for the info on the authors,you know I will be looking them up! :)

Hi Lemuel, Maybe we can have a virtual meal together. Wouldn't that be cool!:)
It's difficult for me to give anyone bad marks. As for her being good people.....I don't know about that one. :(

Hi Spo, Yes you do know Canada in the summer, but in the winter it is often green too.(never humid though) :)

To all the above;
Thank you so much for all your kind wishes for Thankgiving.

Loving Thoughts and Wishes,
Maggie

Lemuel said...

Since today's the real day. I thought I'd just stop by for a slice of whatever your having and wish you the happiest of Thanksgivings!

Anonymous said...

It's only been four days, I know, but I can't get it outta my head.

Where is Maggie?
Where is Maggie?
I don't know.
I don't know.
Has anybody seen her?
Has anybody seen her?
Let me know.
Let me know.

Sang to the tune of Ferra Jaka. SP?

maggie said...

Hi Lemuel, You are so sweet!! Thank you very much. I didn't have it yesterday(monday), I'm having it today. That's the pleasure of living alone, you can do whatever you damn well please! :)

Hi BG,
Whatever do you mean Missy???
I've been commenting on your blog every day! H e l l o!!!!

I like to say the word that way because my 6 year neice uses it on me all the time.

Sorry sweets, I don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Love ya anyway though!!
Maggie

Anonymous said...

It was just stuck in my head that's all. You're on my mind. I don't know why. Should I be worried? ;)

Wait a minute....everyday? Must go see...