Friday, September 28, 2007

Happy Days

Hi, my title means exactly what it says, Happy Days are here again.

I've got the pain medication straightened out. I guess sometimes you have to find out things for yourself and not always depend on your GP to inform you of possible side effects. This is not the way it should be but with GP's being overworked, this is what happens. I'm lucky that I caught on to the dangers before it got too far, I feel so much more in control now. Knowledge is power!!
I have been given an anti-inflammatory medication which works well but does not relieve me of all my pain BUT it's not addictive, yeah!!!!

Secondly, I LOVE TEACHING!! I have been lacking in my life, something that makes me happy and fulfilled. I was in clinic today and I felt this was where I was meant to be. Students are like an empty cup, just waiting to be filled with knowledge, skills, and confidence.

One of my students today had a patient that required special attention. She handled it well and when I evaluated her I mentioned that on her form. She responded to me after reading my evaluation, that it helped her deal with the situation by having an instructor that was calm and helpful. How cool is that?
I mention this because it is immediate feedback, that I am helping someone become a better student/dentist.

I'm talking about all this because my personal life is on hold for awhile. Nothing bad, just some sorting out I have to do.

Enjoy Your Week-end!!!!!

7 comments:

Lemuel said...

"...How cool is that?..."

tres cool! :)

Reading about your happy days, brightened ours!

Ur-spo said...

i am glad for you!

maggie said...

Lemuel, What a beautiful thing to say, thank you!!
Beaucoup Hugs! :)

Spo, Thank you for your kind words, they mean a lot to me.

Anonymous said...

I'm back worry wart! ;)

I'm glad to hear you have some excitement going on! Good mothers make good teachers!
It's good you figured out your issues with your medication! Whew!
Now when your done sorting your life, come sort mine. *L*

maggie said...

Hi BG, Thank you sweetie for all your nice words. If that's the case, then you would make one hell of a teacher!!!!
By the time I've sorted out my life, it will be too late to do anything about it. :-)

John said...

Hey there Maggie Darlin'! Glade to hear y'all are doin' well... Keep it up Darlin'! (I have to tell my boy-friend that all the time!)

Huggs, etc...

maggie said...

Bunny Honey!!! You're back in town!!!! I thought you were lost somewhere's in Lower Slavonia. :)
I can't tell you how happy I am to hear from you, you just made my day!! Thanks for the Glade Tidings!