Sunday, June 03, 2007

Why I Have A Blog?

I'm doing this because Heather, over at Fly With Me, had the guts to do it!! If you think about it, we say some really personal things on our blogs. Some things I would never say to anyone but a close personal friend.

First of all, I don't have any close friends here with whom I can confide in. I haven't made any. Not that I haven't been asked to partake in outings or parties, quite the contrary. But I don't feel comfortable to do so yet. After three and a half years you would think so, but.......there's something holding me back. That doesn't mean that I'm not lonely. Soooooo, one evening I was online and I happened upon a blog. He was gay but a bit grumpy. (but very interesting) Thru him I found another blog, he was gay and very funny. Thru him I found another blogger, gay, funny, interesting and the rest is history. I got my own blog!!

The great thing for me was that these men were gay and fantastic people, that I would love to have as friends. You see, I have never been on a chat line because to me, that is people looking for more than just friends. Men will be men, my dears. No matter what anyone says, if you chat online or go to straight men's blogs, they will inevitably want .........more that just chatting. I don't know this for a fact, I'm just speaking from my experience with straight men in general.

As a result, I have found the most gracious hospitality of people, that I am proud to call my friends.
Including a wonderful female that I would never have known if not for blogging.
They are there when I feel like ranting or when I am just talking about something that delighted me in my daily routine.

I thank you all for keeping me entertained with all your daily events, educating posts, personal experiences, and making my life richer than it is.

Hugs and Kisses To You All!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Lemuel said...

bakatcha, Maggie! Our lives are richer because you decided to jump into the blog pool!

Ur-spo said...

"one evening I was online and I happened upon a blog. He was gay but a bit grumpy. (but very interesting) Thru him I found another blog, he was gay and very funny. Thru him I found another blogger, gay, funny, interesting"
hohoho
you sound like Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (or in this case, fairies!) :-)

maggie said...

Hi Lemuel, Thank you very much!!!

Hi Spo, I did didn't I? :-)8
I didn't know how to phrase it, so when all else fails, tell the truth.
I was nervous that some people would take it the wrong way, I hope they didn't.

Anonymous said...

*applause*
Very nice indeed!! When I look back on my first blog finds I don't remember too many of them. I will tell the story some day of how I found my first blogger blog but other than that I don't remember. Sadly I don't even know how I met the Spo!! I would truly miss all my blogger friends if there was every a time I couldn't connect!
Maybe you should move. *L*

maggie said...

Hi BG, Thank you very much. :-)Move....ahhh, that's another story in itself.

TigerYogi said...

The feeling is mutual Hon! :)

maggie said...

Hi TY, Thank you so much, you all mean a lot to me.

Hugs Galore,and then some. :)