Wednesday, June 06, 2007

COCK-A-DOODLE-DOO

I'm 'bout as lazy as a hound dog right now, so I'ma gonna talk about the henhouse. (As Spo poetically put it).

Well, I work next door to a henhouse and their feathers would be a flyin' later on in the day.
Seems this mornin' the second in command over there, decided she could saunter over to our office, pick up some personal papers of my boss (in his office, on his desk) and photocopy them.
His assistant happened to arrive early and caught her in the act.

The assistant never got the chance to tell him until after lunch, as it was so busy. My boss is so easy going, it takes something really bad to get him goin'. I was there of course, "stirring up the pot", telling him he is so easy going that they take advantage of him. Which is so true!! They think he is a pushover and won't say anything about anything.

WELL........ there's a rooster in the henhouse now, and he told them what's what! He went next door and told them hens NEVER to go into his office again. He told them some other things too that they were doing had to stop. Was I proud of him? Hell Ya!!!

He would never have done that before I met him!!

So as my title says...........

6 comments:

Lemuel said...

Whee-oo! The sway you have over others! Kudos! :)

steve'swhirlyworld said...

I would have LOVED to have seen that...

Anonymous said...

It's so hard to get people to be motivated sometimes! Hard on us! You just want to step in and put on their "hat" and just do it!

Kudos to you and the boss!

Ur-spo said...

behind every man should be a warrior woman, prodding him on!

TigerYogi said...

Good for him! :)

maggie said...

Hi Lemuel,Thank you. The man has balls, I just had to encourage him to use them.

Hi Steve, It was great to finally see him in action.

Hi BG, My boss OWNS the building. He just had to step up to the plate and take charge.

Hi Spo, You should have seen him when he came back from their office, he was struttin' like he was *the cock of the walk*. :)

Hi TY, I was so proud of him, watching him take his first baby steps. :)