Thursday, May 31, 2007

Sometimes, Things Can Come Back And Bite You In The Ass

This is sorta a rant but things worked out so............But I'm going to bore you with the details anyway!

Part 1

There is a parking spot in back of our building that belongs to our office but thru the trickle of employee turnovers, another employee in another office muckled on to it with squatters rights. She thought! When anyone else parked there she was vicious, all four feet nothing of her. She held on to that spot with her life. She said the owner (my boss and owner of the building) said she could have it. I spoke with him about it and he said he did no such thing. He doesn't like confrontations so he didn't do anything about it.

Part II

I have had a fan in my operatory for the past two years. I found it in the basement and thought it belonged to us. My boss offered to get me an air-conditioner but I declined because the fan was suffice. WELL.........this week I went into work and my fan was GONE!!!! The other office just took it without saying a word to me. Let me just state for the record that the female dentist in that office is a bitch and she has her staff trained to be the same. I really don't know who the fan belonged to but it was the way they dealt with it that pissed me off.

Part III

I calmed myself down, went next door(to their office) exaggerated the way I was looking around(so they would get the picture) and said I would like to speak with the hygienist. (The one in MY parking spot). She immediately came over to see me and asked what was up.
I sweetly told her that I was car shopping and that I was giving her notice 'til the end of the week, that she could no longer park there. I was very nice about it. She rattled on about how she inherited it but I said that was irrelevant. Not a happy camper!

Part IV

My boss bought me the most beautiful fan (it even has a remote) that same evening, and left it outside my operatory with a big bow on it. For me to find the next morning. Sweet is his middle name!
He also told me that the hygienist in question, had called him at home the previous nite and offered to pay rent for the parking spot. What a jerk huh? "I'd love to rent you a spot", he said, "but I don't have one available".

How cool is that? Pardon the pun. (fan and all).

If they weren't such assholes about the fan, I probably wouldn't have said anything, hence my title for this post.

5 comments:

Lemuel said...

You go girl! A fan and a parking spot in one move! Now I know who the move and shaker is in NS! :)

Ur-spo said...

sounds like too many hens in the henhouse at work.

TigerYogi said...

Good for you! :)

Anonymous said...

Now get some puffy paint and a can of spray paint and put your name on the fan and the spot!!!

maggie said...

Lemuel, My loyal and staunch supporter,thank you sweets. I'm one of those, *that's just not right* kind of people and stick to my guns. :)

Yo' Spo, Correction, I work next door to a henhouse. After four years of chicken shit, I finally had enough of it.

Hi TY, Thank you very much kind sir. :)

Hi BG, Nah, I don't think that will be necessary, they already got the message. :)