Tuesday, May 29, 2007

You're Only Six Once!!!!

Saturday, Sophia and I started the day(morning) by dropping in to my office to check out the Treasure Chest!!! She picked out lots of fun things.
Then we were off to the local Kermesse Fun fair that takes place once a year to raise funds for the local children's hospital. What a blast!
They had so many things to do, face painting and fun games to play with great prizes. She won a loot and had a ball. Her favorite was this one. You put on a vest(much to big for her) attached to a bungy cord and see how far you can get(run) before the bungy cord pulls you back.
What a hoot to watch her!





She has a cat painted on her face.









Then when we got home her aunt (my older sister) took us to lunch at a nice restaurant. She misbehaved a bit, but I think that was because my sister and I were talking and she got bored.
Later we went out to get a movie to watch that evening. We both fell asleep in the middle of it. :) Fat Albert.

Sunday we had chocolate and minature marshmallows pancakes for breakfast. With bacon of course, she loves crispy bacon. Then we went out and found a carwash to wash her daddies car. That took a while.

Then we had a picnic (we picked up McDonalds on our way home) outside on the deck. They don't have their patio furniture out yet, so we set it up on the upper level and sat on the steps. Correction, I sat on the steps, Sophia sat on the plastic tablecloth. Later on she remarked how hot it was, and I said, yes it is darling. She had her bathing suit on.

Then I cracked up laughing, SHE was sitting on plastic, no wonder she was hot!!
I put some napkins under her bum and it was better.
Then later I mentioned she had to wipe her mouth with one of them.
I was joking but she didn't know that.
I can't she said, "I farted on it".
I cracked up again, she's at that age where she knows she's supposed to say "poofed" or "tooted", but she gets a kick out of the F(arted) word.

I talked to her last nite and she said she misses me soooo much. She said whenever she walks by my empty bedroom she cries.
God love her, she is so sincere.

That's what being six is all about, and it only happens once!

7 comments:

Ur-spo said...

what fun it must be to revisit childhood through the eyes of a child.
I miss this.

Lemuel said...

What a marvelous post! I felt like I was six again, too. So long ago. so far away. Why can't we be young forever - honest and direct and full of adventure and fun?

maggie said...

Hi Spo, Yes it is sorta, but they are so open now, it's not really like looking thru mine. It's like looking at what it could have been.

Hi Lemuel, Thank you!
"Honest and direct and full of adventure and fun?"
You just about said it all. I love being with them, they are so honest! And when they do fib, they can't keep it up because they don't have the ability too. That's even cuter!!

steve'swhirlyworld said...

"Farted" the new F word...hysterical! Kids are great! I'm glad you enjoyed your time with her.

maggie said...

Hi Steve, I had a ball!!!!
Her daddy says she doesn't have an off switch, she's go go go.
She and I get along great. Actually, I'd rather be with her than her parents! :)

Anonymous said...

Isn't it nice to have a child in your life? The kids make me laugh even when I don't think it's possible!

maggie said...

Hi BG, It sure is!!!!