Friday, May 25, 2007

Home Sweet Home

I'm not at home, I have been at my sister's since tuesday evening, house sitting and babysitting my six year old neice. What an experience this has been. Don't get me wrong, I love her dearly and she is a doll but very time consuming.

She considers me her personal play toy!

She wants to sleep with me every nite and I don't have the heart to deny her that. Last nite I had her, the two cats, and Rosey in my bed. I was tired and when I was reading her a bedtime story, she was interacting with all the animals, it was tooooo much. I told her she was going to have to go to her own bed.

Well........she started to cry and I told her she had to be a good girl then. Thru all the sobbing, she wailed, "I'm doing the best that I can". She'd make a good politican.

When I picked her up at school on Wednesday she asked me if her parents were still home. No, I said, they're gone. YEAH, she said.
Even when I go to the bathroom, I have the three animals and Sophia in there with me. No rest for the wicked.

I made a deal with her tonite, so that I could have some alone time (hence my being able to blog). Tomorrow is a big day, tons of activities for us to do.

That being said, it is actually a pleasure to be online and catch up with my favororite bloggers.

Thanks A Million

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you just summed up my life. AND I beat Lemuel today!!!!!

When you have time to think about it you'll think you were nuts, it couldn't have been all that bad!

Happy Weekend!

TigerYogi said...

Better you than me, Hon. Better you than me... ;)

Ur-spo said...

that sounds exhausting; i hope you are keeping your energies up!

maggie said...

Hi BG, I'm sorry if I gave that opinion, it wasn't bad at all. As a matter of fact it was wonderful.
But....just exhausting!

Hi TY, Just wait until you get those puppies. They will make you wish you just had a six year old to deal with!!!!

Hi Spo, It was, but a good one. If I ever questioned my energy level before, now I know I exceeded it!

John said...

Hey Maggie Darlin',

The only things I let share my bed with me are men. At least when they get what they want, you can get some sleep!

Huggs, etc...

maggie said...

Hi Bunny, I hear you!! Normally that would be the case, but I wasn't at my own home.
Don't you let Louis share your bed though? :)

steve'swhirlyworld said...

Okay, I don't want kids again...thanks for that.

maggie said...

Steve you know what? Kids are great! I had my daughter when I was very young and had lots of energy. Women are having babies in their forties now!! I'd much prefer to play the aunt role. :)