Wednesday, June 27, 2007

"R" Rated

Do you all have your parents or guardians permission slip to visit my site?
I'm gonna go with the honour system and believe that you do :)



Cabot Trail







Cape Breton


Regarding my post about 8 things about me, I decided to elaborate on # 5.
(See my last post if need be).

I grew up on an island, Cape Breton Island in cottage country. Surrounded by the Bras'dor Lakes, in a picturesque world. See the photos above if you have any doubt.

Anyhoo, I had a very good friend (from the city) that lived in my neck of the woods for the whole summer. We did everything together, swim, go to teeny bops, hitch hike up to Kelly's Mountain to go to a dance, cover for each other when we were going somewhere "not allowed".
Talk about boys we liked and wanted to date, etc. etc.

We drifted apart as we grew older.

Then I met the man of my dreams and moved to Toronto. After 6 six years of marriage(controlling), I was ready to move on, with the help of a very kind doctor. Since I was on my own, I didn't go out very much socially.(never) My brother ran into my old friend when she was on vacation in C.B. and gave her my telephone #, telling her to contact me.

She did. We drank and had fun reminiscing about our childhood memories. It got late and I called my other girlfriend who was looking after my daughter, to tell her I was staying the night. I had no pj's so I just went to bed in my bra and panties. We're all girl's right?

Well, here's where the "R" rating comes in...........

In my sleep, I though I was having an erotic dream and I woke up to find my "girlfriend" on top on me, necking with me passionately!!

For those catholics out there, you'll get a kick out of this. I jumped up and started to pace back and forth, all the while saying, jesus, jesus, jesus. I grabbed the comforter of the bed and went out to the living room and slept on the couch! When I got up the next morning, she was gone to work.

The really weird part of this story was that I pretended it never happened. We got together on other occasions after this and not a word was spoken about it. I still saw her as my close friend as a child and the memories (trouble) we got into together.
But I never got "into" bed with her again!!!!!!!! (I wasn't that naive)

PS She did some other things after that, that I could forgive but not forget. She was a troubled soul.

But that's another "R" posting. :-)

6 comments:

Lemuel said...

Wow, Maggie! I wasn't sure where this was all going when I first started reading and saw the beautiful pictures of the countryside. (I AM going to visit Cape Breton one of these days - may even stop at Halifax. ;) )

But then you put yourself out there. I hope writing about it helps you to heal and to deal with whatever residual pain remains. I often wonder if those who molest (your friend in your life, some folks in mine) understand the major impact that these incidents have had on our lives. Or do they hardly remember themselves what happened, just another "sleep over" with a friend?

Anonymous said...

I am wondering what would possess a person to do this type of thing!! That's crazy! I would have ditched her unfortunately. I am a run away kind of girl but I am working on that.

It's a wonder your not in the nuthouse girl!!;)

maggie said...

Hi Lemuel, I hope you do visit Halifax (selfish reasons) and I can Cape Breton.

Stuff like what happened there doesn't stick with me for too long. She was drunk, I was half naked in the bed. She remembered alright, she was very careful around me after that, even though we never discussed it.

I just talked about it here because it was just a wild story. :)

Hi BG, same as what I said to Lemuel. What blew me away was that it was so unexpected from someone that I least expected.

PS How do you know I'm not in a nuthouse? I could be using one of their computers right now.

HaHa!! I'm not though. :)

Hi TY, It's just another day when you look at the big picture. :)

maggie said...

Lemuel, Re: and I can Cape Breton.
I got cut off....how dare they???
What I MEANT to say was, if you need any info on Cape Breton regarding places to stay, wonderful places to go, best places for seafood....... just "whistle". :)

Ur-spo said...

the pictures put me in one mood; then I sat up!
ain't blogging wonderful? everything bad or bluderous is now blogger fodder and hopefully cleansing to do so.

maggie said...

Hi Spo, You got that right!! :)