Monday, June 25, 2007

Gerry....My Friend

Gerry died this morning...........
They gave him 3 months but he lasted only 3 days.









I'm extremely saddened by this and the only glimmer of happiness that I can retrieve in my mind is that I got to talk to him on Saturday. I sincerely hope that he knew who I was when I was talking to him, I think he did.

He loved his computer and the information it allowed him to reach that we normally wouldn't be able to. He loved reading all the newspapers worldwide and then informing us of what was going on in the world. Some, more often than not, were stories that we would not particularly want to hear. He had a very witty and articulate way of posting them on our neighbourhood community site.

I will miss him dearly and the fact that we still have his stories to read, will help with the pain.
Also, speaking about computers, now I realize how nice it is to have friends online because when I read their posts, it takes my mind away from my troubles.

Thank You Blog Friends,

Love Maggie XXOO

6 comments:

Lemuel said...

I offer my sincere condolences at this loss of your friend. From your post it is clear that your relationship was rich and full. May your memories allow that relationship to live on.

maggie said...

Hi Lemuel, Thank you so much!
Actually our relationship was "wit against wit". That and the fact that he could rely on me to know exactly what he was talking about, where others failed.
I hope that he respected me as much as I respected him.

TigerYogi said...

Maggie, I am so sorry for your loss. Please accept my deepest sympathies.

Ur-spo said...

i too am sorry for your loss
the loss of a loved one always hurts so.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear he passed so sudden. On the bright side? Maybe he was saved from alot of suffering? I hope so. Keep your chin up!

maggie said...

Hi TY, Thank you so much, I really appreciate your comment.

Hi Spo, Thanks alot and you are so right.

Hi BG, Thank you. He was already in an extreme amount of pain so you are absolutely right.