Saturday, June 30, 2007

The Big Picture
















In the grand scheme of life......what is really important?
Yes, having a roof over our heads, food on the table, having a job, paying our bills, etc.
What we are not exposed to, doesn't really fit into the picture.

Here's a picture to make us thankful of what we have, or rather what we don't have.

My sister belongs to a financial institution that lends their help and money to a charity that does wonderful, if not extraordiary, work with this organization.

This is an e-mail she sent to me:

"Just wanted to a pass along a picture of a very special little girl who attended the About Face baseball Tournament that was held on Saturday June 23rd".

"About Face” raises funds for children with facial differences. The MDM channel supports this charity with a variety of fund-raising activities throughout the year.

You can see who the real winner of the day was!

She is four years old and my sister says she is a doll! After the tournament she was running around saying, "I want to hold the trophy, I want to hold the trophy". She really wanted that trophy!!! Her parents are wonderful people, that's her dad and mom in the front row along with my sister.

I'm very proud of my sister and just wanted to share it with you all.

Hugs Galore!!!

PS. I remember when my daughter was growing up, when anything bad happened I used to thank God. Because it could have been so much worse. Sounds corny but it's true.

6 comments:

Lemuel said...

That's a wonderful attitude. I need to have that attitude much more often than I do.

maggie said...

Hi Lemuel, I need to get it back myself.

Ur-spo said...

indeed; given all that could go wrong, each OK day is a grateful thankful occurence.

maggie said...

Hi Spo, I agree completely, there is so much worse that could happen.

Anonymous said...

I'm always secretly thanking the great heavens that my kids are so healthy! But when they get a tiny bit sick, I get really nervous that this has been coming. Then they get better and I think Whew, I'm soo glad they are healthy!

What a wonderful daughter you have there!

maggie said...

Hi BG, I don't understand??
My daughter didn't know I was doing that......