Monday, April 09, 2007

Walking in a Winter Wonderland


Saturday Afternoon
We have had hardly any snow all winter and now when it's supposed to be spring...........
This is a picture of my street, notice the stop sign is lopsided. That is thanks to one of the many drunken students that live in the neighborhood. They enjoy (for some reason) destroying stuff. If it's not a glass bus shelter or people's plants and trees, they actually haul sign posts out of the ground that are cemented in.
This is Bob's house. He is a neighbor that had two dogs(miniature schnauzers), now he has one and she is sick with congestive heart failure. His other one Lobo died 4 months ago.
Bob is a lawyer, divorced and looking... :)
A few months ago I was out walking Rosey and he asked me if I liked wine and what I was doing on Saturday nite. I went into panic mode, ahhhhh....."I'm going to my sisters and I don't like wine" I said. (I wasn't and I like wine)
At Christmas time I was out walking Rosey and Bob was out with Abbey(his dog) and he asked me in to show me his tree and house. I felt sorry for him because Christmas can be such a lonely time so I went in but I did not stick around.
He has this walking buddy, a female who has a schnauzer also. Whenever I run into them, she has a face like she is sucking on a lemon when she sees me. She also never says hello to me. I want to say, "lady, you don't have to worry about me", but she is such a bitch I might just start being more attentive to Bob.
That wouldn't be fair to Bob though, but I might just.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank God you addressed the stop sign cause it was driving me freakin' nuts. Don't you have some duct tape or something to fix that? :)

Bob is going to be a very lonely man for awhile I'm afraid.

Thanks for the nice comments. I entertained you with a more upbeat post today huh?

Ur-spo said...

it is hard to imagine snow anywhere, what with temps here already hitting 30 degrees.
Besides, when I go to Canada, it is always August there.

John said...

Snow! Hell Darlin', it's been in the 70's here. An' that's tube top weather!

I guess you will have to make do with sweaters for a lil' while longer. Just make them tight!

Thanks Darlin' for the kind words you left on my blog. You are a dear. I can tell you have a True Heart Of Glamour...

Huggs, etc...

maggie said...

Hi BG, I can't fix the damn sign, it's twisted metal. It drives me crazy too.

Hi Spo, This is a freak storm and actually Upper Canada is nice now.

Hi Bunny, Thank you so much, you are my Dream Queen.

I'll take your advice on the tight sweaters under consideration.

The men folks roun here tend to be VERY easily pleased ;) (ifin you know what I mean), so a gal gots to be careful.

Hugs Back

Lemuel said...

I know YOU don't suck lemons. I think the schnauzer lady should be forewarned. :)

maggie said...

Hi There Lemuel, she's not even a blip on my radar. She's just plain rude.

Nice to see you back!

TigerYogi said...

What an awkward situation! Good luck! :)

maggie said...

Hi TY, it is weird but hey.....
Thanks. :)