Friday, April 13, 2007

Things That Go Bump............
















Lucky Friday The 13th


This picture does not show the actual egg sized lump on my head, so you will have to take my word for it.

This morning I was in the shower and decided to change my mesh loofah sponge for a new one. As I threw the old one over my shoulder, over the curtain rod, the rubber bathmat slid under my feet and I ended up falling backwards out of the tub, onto the towels on the floor and my head went slamming against the radiator. I didn't get knocked out but got the shit scared out of me. (not literally)

Luckly I had a Dr's appointment at noon and had him check it out. He said as long as I hadn't blacked out I should be okay. I was worried about a concussion.

I think the fact that I had three thick bath towels on the floor that I fell on saved my ass too.
What it really made me think about was that I have heard a number of people that have died from serious falls in the shower. Especially people who live alone and no one finds them until days later. Scarey!!

I'm okay, bruised but alive! The number thirteen has always been lucky for me and once again I embrace it.

I hope Friday the 13th has been good to you all also.

Have a wonderful weekend!!

PS The really weird thing too is that the shower curtain wasn't even torn as I fell out, it just went along for the ride. :0)

4 comments:

Lemuel said...

Thank goodness you are okay! (relatively speaking, I do not mean to diminish the seriousness of the goose egg).

Please be careful. We all need all the friends we can get. I know I do not want to lose any of mine - you especially!

maggie said...

Hi Lemuel, what a nice thing to say!!! Thank you very very much.

PS I was always an egghead anyway. :)

Ur-spo said...

call me if you start seeing green owls or things of that nature.

maggie said...

Hi Spo, I saw green owls before my fall. Does the offer still stand? :)