Monday, April 16, 2007

The Gentle Giant

My sister, my neice and nephew went to a cat show this past weekend. They are cat people and already have a beautiful chocolate brown persian. Well........ I was speaking with my neice yesterday and she told me they were getting a Maine Coon cat.
At first I didn't understand her, as she has a bit of a baby lisp, and I thought she said main toon.

I repeated main toon until she got exasperated with me and said, "say main", I said main, "now say coon" she said, I said coon. "Now say them together", she said.

It's pretty bad when a six year old has to break down the pronounciation for you.

It turns out it's still up in the air because the breeder might want to keep the two kittens for themselves. They'll find out Friday. These cats can get to be pretty big but they are beautiful
and highly intelligent. My sister has been interested in them for a while now. We'll see, the kids already have a name. Sahara.

She said the one at the cat show was twice the size of Rosey.









(I don't think it's going to be a lap cat)

AND, speaking of Rosey................

















My baby is sick with a cold. It's all my fault too!! I have to keep my windows open because I can't stand stale air. I didn't realize that she couldn't deal with cold air because I don't have fur on me and I am able to. It might not be just that.

She is a sweet little girl who doesn't complain about anything. I was reading Urspo's blog today and he mentioned how *queer*(odd) people are about their pets. (He just had a scattering of ashes ceremony for his precious Kitty).

I think we are just sensitive and kind people that don't limit our love to those with two legs.



10 comments:

Lemuel said...

I'm with you and the pet people. We ARE sensitive and kind!

Sorry Rosey is sick. I hope she comes around soon.

maggie said...

Hi Lemuel, Always a pleasure to hear from you! :)

I hope so too. We just had to go out into the pouring rain to make but I fluff dried her right away.

Sucks to have to use the *outhouse*.

Anonymous said...

I hope your pup feels better soon! It wasn't her food right?

I had a maine coon once. I loved him so so much. He ws only about a year or a year and a half and I killed him by accident. He was a curious thing. :( I want another one but we have way too many now, I would have to clean house first.

Hope your noggin isn't too sore!

Ur-spo said...

my cat as a cold too;
his voice is deeper and he sounds like a cow!

steve'swhirlyworld said...

Murphy (my dog) just SNORES louder when he's not feeling well or is overly tired...such noise from a small dog!

maggie said...

Hi BG, Thanks, yup it's a cold. She's sneezing and is stuffed up.
Sorry about your cat.
My noggin is still sore. :(

Hi Spo, Sorry about your cat but that's funny. Moooooo.....

Hi Steve, Don't talk to me about snoring!! Rosey is so loud, sometimes I'm on the phone and people can hear her.

John said...

Darlin' sounds like you have your hands full with a sick dog an' a lump on your head! So here is a bit of wisdom for you...

Go buy your dog a sweater (with matchin' accsessories, of course). An' go buy yourself a hat.

Huggs, etc...

maggie said...

Hi Bunny, Rosey has quite a bit of clothes but I think I should buy a hard hat. A pink one of course.
I love your wisdom.
Huggs back

TigerYogi said...

I hope that Rosie feels better soon! :)

maggie said...

Hi TY, I missed you. Hope all is well in your world.
Rosey was sick this morning but seems to be coming 'round. Thanks for your concern. :)