Saturday, April 21, 2007

Keepsake

As I've mentioned before, my nephew Yurij (godson) is in a band. He plays the guitar and has just bought "the one" he has been saving for. ($700 or $800) He is a big fan of classic old rock bands. Def Leopard, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, etc. He's only fourteen!!

As I've also said, he and his family are moving away to Ontario in June. I will miss him and his sister(I'll talk about her at a later date) very much. Upon observation, I noticed that a lot of "rock stars" wear choker necklaces made out of leather or similar material.

I made this for him yesterday in the hopes that he will wear it and remember me when he does.
He is a teenager so who knows but he usually likes the things that I give him.

Family is very important and all we have of them when they are not around are memories, something given or kept; a memento.


















I'll let you know how it went over.

PS
It's 15 degrees celsius here (59 Fahrenheit for you 'mericans) but that's downright balmy compared to last week.


Have a wonderful weekend and ya'll enjoy yourselves, ya hear me. :)

4 comments:

Lemuel said...

I think Yurij has a great Aunt! :)

TigerYogi said...

I agree, he's lucky to have such a wonderful aunt! I hope that he cherishes it! :)

maggie said...

Lemuel and Ty, Thanks very much. Teenagers can be quite a challenge, you never know which way the wind is blowing. :)

Anonymous said...

That necklace is fabulous! I am so jealous of it....

May I suggest a Creative Memories scrapbook? Assuming there are many pictures. My 12 year old gets all teary eyed over the first one I did when the were just tiny.