Saturday, April 28, 2007

DNA Art and "O Brother" Where Art Thou

I just found out about this art and think it's so cool. You can have it done of a loved one, be it human or animal.

You can find out about it here: http://www.dna11.com/












DNA















FINGERPRINT



Speaking of a loved one (helleva segue), Rosey and I walked to the grocery store a few days ago and I tied her leash right outside the store near where the parcel pick up place is. There is always a young guy there that puts groceries in the cars. I know most of them and always ask them to watch Rosey for me. ( I also give them a tip when I return ).

When I have a lot of groceries I call a taxi to take us home. Well, I came out of the store and as I am waiting for the cab, I pick up Rosey to hug her and give her a treat for being such a good girl.

Out of nowhere this woman comes up to me and proceeds to tell me the dangers of leaving a pet alone. How she noticed how friendly Rosey is and how so many people came up to her and were petting her while I was in the store. I tried to tell her that I had someone watching her but she was adament that I was being careless. Then she continued to tell me that the way I picked Rosey up was jeopardizing her health. She told me I should pick her up by her bum, that way I wouldn't pull her front legs out of their socket. (I pick Rosey up underneath her front legs by her ribcage).

I was telling my older sister about this woman later that evening and she asked me if I told her to "f**k" off. No, I said, because if I allowed myself to get angry at her interference it would just upset me.

What's more important? Her assholitis or my well being?

Me of course!!

My only query is .....why was she watching Rosey and then me for so long?

7 comments:

Lemuel said...

Interesting concluding question! It's amazing how some people have so much time to butt into other people's affairs.

I'm glad you had the self control not to pick her up by her butt and hurl her across a couple of counties head first.

Anonymous said...

My only query is .....why was she watching Rosey and then me for so long?

Because people sometimes have nothing better to do.

That art is really cool!

TigerYogi said...

She's obviously one of these people who like to tell others how they should behave...

maggie said...

Hi Lemuel,I have to admit towards the end, she really was pushing her luck. :)

Hi BG, It reminded me of you and your son that day, remember?

I think it's cool too. :)

Hi TY, I guess so. Remind you of anyone?? haha :)

Ur-spo said...

a Miss Manners challenge; to be gracious when your impulse is to return rude with rude. But rise above her/it.

maggie said...

Hi Spo, Exactly, and not only that but when they do bring you down to their level it only makes you feel worse.
I just smiled and thanked her.

Ur-spo said...

my grandmother called this
shaming them
or
not stooping
or
setting a good example.