Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Who Cut The Cheese?

I love cheese. Awhile ago I was at THE local groceria that specializes in gourmet food. It's the place to see and be seen. (so says the locals).

Anyhoo, I especially love swiss cheese. The varieties offered at the cheese counter didn't have any holes in them. I asked the $8/hr attendent where I could find it. He turned his nose up at me and said that the jarlsberg had holes, maybe I would like that.

No, I politely responded, I find that a bit strong. (I love jarlsberg too but was not going to let HIM know that!)

I bought an extra creamy french brie cheese instead. Yummy!
They also have a Dragon's Breath Blue Cheese made here locally that is to die for!

I'm cheesey and I love cheese, what can I say?


FYI
Q: WHAT MAKES THE HOLES IN SWISS CHEESE?
A: Cultures added to milk produce a gas during the aging process. This gas is carbon dioxide, which forms the holes

7 comments:

Ur-spo said...

for real proper 'swiss' cheese go to zingermans.com which specializes in cheese; they can ship you some real stuff that is to die.

Lemuel said...

Behold the power of cheese! I love cheese. Unfortunately I started giving my princess a snip of my piece that is my evening snack. She now knows when it it "cheese o'clock" and will pester me until she gets some.

"It's mine, I say! It's mine!"

maggie said...

Hi Spo, Thanks for the great info, I will do that.

Hi Lemuel, I have the same problem. Rosey(my pooch) loves cheese as much as me.
Do what I do, take a little extra out.
I'm with you, what's mine is mine. :)

TigerYogi said...

From the title of the post, I assumed that you were going to be going in a completely different direction... ;)

maggie said...

Hi Tiger, if I were, I would hope that I would have the manners to do so in private. :)

steve'swhirlyworld said...

More cheese please! I love it too. EXTRA CHEESE

maggie said...

Hi Steve, EXTRA EXTRA CHEESE. :)