Friday, March 23, 2007

Who Came First....The Chicken or The Egg??

Procrastination
The act or habit of procrastinating, or putting off to a future time; delay; dilatoriness.

Or the one that I like best......
Procrastination is the thief of time.

Now what is not mentioned in the definition, is the degrees of it.......

To procrastinate about cleaning your closet, your fridge, or windows is one thing.....

To procrastinate against doing some really difficult personal things is another... .

This actually leads to stress, or worst case scenario, depression..

Spo says, "The more out of control you feel; the more you perceive stress". Absolutely true!

Because of his post, I took matters in hand and took care of two out of three situations that were causing me a great deal of grief. I am working on the third, thanks to him.

NOW, my query is..... was I depressed because I was procrastinating or was I procrastinating because of my depression?


The Answer To My Title.........

A chicken and an egg are lying in bed. The chicken is leaning against the headboard smoking a cigarette, with a satisfied smile on its face.
The egg, looking a bit pissed off, grabs the sheet, rolls over, and says, "Well, I guess we finally answered THAT question.

If anyone needs it explained - read it a second time..

Have A GREAT Week-end!!

5 comments:

Lemuel said...

As for the chicken and egg, I will only state that it is a unique approach to the age old question - and a great "upper" for a dreary rainy day! :)

Anonymous said...

*LMAO*

My mother is in the stress=depression situation but she has blinders on. :(

I got totally distracted yesterday with Spo's cheese site. YUM! In fact I don't think I even left you a comment, I was drooling.

Glad to hear you've taken control!

steve'swhirlyworld said...

I'm with Butterfly Girl - I'm laughing my ass off too! OMG...that was hysterical.

It's always nice to get things cleaned up in our lives - when we do things, we feel organized, and when we feel organized, there is less stress - for me anyway.

have a faboo weekend honey!

Ur-spo said...

usually depression causes procrastination in the form of lack of motivation, but apathy and procrasination are not one in the same.
I'll send my bill later this week.

maggie said...

Hi Lemuel, I think so too. :)

Hi BG, Me too, thanks again Spo.

Hi Steve, Absolutely!! You have a great weekend too.

Hi Spo, Do you take Paypal?