Saturday, March 24, 2007

One Man's Junk is Another Man's Treasure

I love old movies and television shows. Especially the thirties and forties. I even go so far back as the twenties with Fritz Lang, not only Metropolis, but his many other great movies.
Old newsreels, I can't get enough off!

I don't know why but they somehow feel comforting to me. Like wrapping a warm cosy blanket around myself.

There is this really cool store downtown that sells new *retro* stuff. Games and toys from the 40's and 50's. Also candy! There is this one item that I want....it's a record player that looks like an old radio from the forties, but it has a CD player too.

Today I was out and about and this store had a sale, "All Items $1". (Selected Ones)

These DVD'S are all 90 minutes long. I have never seen any of them before except maybe Dick Tracey?? Call me crazy but I am very excited with my *find*.




8 comments:

Lemuel said...

They look similar to dvd's that we've found down here in stores we call "Dollar Stores" or "Dollar Tree". We found some Burns and Allen and old Jack Benny. We howl at the old Burns and Allen. They were one of the first TV shows I ever saw.

Ur-spo said...

cool
I like screwball comedies from the 30s; things were so clean and simple and right then.

maggie said...

Hi Lemuel, These are really excellent quality though. I love the old Jack Benny shows.

Hi Spo, you are so right. Things were so simple then it seems, maybe that's why I find them so comforting.
I like the horror films from the thirties.

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoyed yourself!! Can't beat a buck!

TigerYogi said...

You may be remembering a past life... :)

steve'swhirlyworld said...

I, of course, am not as old as SPO! Burns and Allen who??? :)

Actually, I love me some Uncle Miltie

John said...

I love me some old movies. Tonight I'm watchin' "The Death Kiss" from 1932, Starin' handsome David Manners. Boy, that man can get my temperature UP!

Huggs, etc...

maggie said...

Hi BG, They call that, getting a bang for your buck! :)

Hi TY, I have often thought that too. :)

Hi Steve, The only DVD I was surprised with was Dick Tracy. I never knew there was an actual show, I had only heard of the cartoons.

Hi Bunny, OMG, you too. I think
you and I were separated at
birth. :)