Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Trivia Again............

Mar 27 1866
Patent for a urinal is granted to Andrew Rankin.

A urinal is a specialized toilet designed to be used only for urination.




(Not for us women folks) :(


A city famous for its street urinals is Paris, France. Until the 1990s, street urinals were a common sight in the city, and in the 1930s more than 1200 were in service. Parisians referred to them as vespasiennes, the name being derived from that of the Roman Emperor Vespasian, who imposed a tax on urine.(Good luck figuring that one out).

Beginning in the 1990s, the vespasiennes (renowned for their smell and lack of hygiene) were gradually replaced by the far superior Sansettes. Today only one vespasienne remains in the city ( photo above, on the boulevard Arago), and it is still regularly used. They still exist in other French cities, and in other countries.


Today I was reading about my friend Steve's predicament on Steveswhirlyworld. He mentioned that he was tired during a business meeting and needed a nap.

I have a solution for him and any body else that suffers from this.



Haircut for Boring Meetings

5 comments:

steve'swhirlyworld said...

I LOVE IT!!!! Thanks for helping me during my time of need.

I've seen the pay urinals in the streets of Paris - they flush the ENTIRE room when the door is closed - they're very clean.

Lemuel said...

Too late. I've already shaved my head.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear!! I would not like to see that on my son's head!

Ur-spo said...

hohoho
I like a man with whiskers but mostly on the chin rather.

maggie said...

Hi Steve, No prob! :)

Hi Lemuel, You could always draw it on. :)

Hi BG, That's one thing I don't think you have to worry about. :)

Hi Spo, Sounds good to me! :)