Thursday, March 15, 2007

That's What Friends Are For.........

Geez, I don't know where to start. I apologize for my last post. That was a bit too deep and I do thank everyone who offered support and sympathy. But in the long run it was unfair to dump something of that magnitude on people. Sorry. :(

Now....let's see. What can I talk about today. Oh yes, Princess is back with the Brit. She broke up with him before Xmas but still wanted him as a friend. Welllll......two weeks ago the Brit started dating someone else, Princess was furious. I said honey, he had to move on, you definitely made him aware you were not interested emotionally. I don't care, she said, he didn't pine for me long enough. How long should he have pined, I asked. Forever, she said!!

Suffice to say, the princess and the brit are back together. It took the idea of losing him to wake the princess up.

BTW She also told him that it was like dating her mother after she looked in his fridge. (She felt entitled after all this I guess).
It had nothing but condiments and swiss cheese in it. He also loves Blue Cheese like myself. Princess told him she didn't know there was any other kind of salad dressing until she was fourteen.

BBTW She also told him that I was not only her mom but her best friend. ( She doesn't offer up that info easily).

9 comments:

Lemuel said...

That last point was the one! It brought a broad, broad smile to my face. And I ask, why am I not surprised? :)

maggie said...

Hi Lemuel,
You're right as rain! Princess and I share, "the sense of ridiculous".
No matter how smart you are, it takes a very adept person, to catch on, what we are really talking about.

Ur-spo said...

ah, youth.

John said...

I just love me a handsome Englishman! They're so foreign an' all...

Huggs, etc...

John said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
maggie said...

Hi Spo, ain't it the truth!

Hi Bunny, me too exceptin their teeth.
Hugs back at ya....

steve'swhirlyworld said...

LOL...I'm laughing at your last comment...British teeth are quite frightening...typically.

Good luck to the Princess - may she find her Prince...and may you love him too.

Anonymous said...

If the last post made you feel better or at ease, then it was worth it to you. Don't sweat it.

I don't want my little ones to grow up. Life is to rough! I hope she figures out what she wants!

maggie said...

Hi Steve, thanks and may YOU find yours too. :)

Hi BG, Those little ones do grow up and no matter how close you are to your daughter be prepared for the worst. Take it from me, you just have to be patient and wait the storm out. It all comes full circle. :)