Sunday, February 11, 2007

Easy? .......I Don't Think So!

My neice got an Easy Bake oven for Xmas. What little girl didn't want one?

Well, the oven cost under fifty dollars, but to buy the mixes.................let's just say it's downright highway robbery. They cost around $8-$14, depending if you get the cookie mix or the cake with the frosting. AND that's just for ONE mix.

Taking matters into my own hands, I figured there must be something I could do about this.
You can pirate music and videos from the internet, why not easy bake oven recipes?

I put on my gumshoes and to my delight I found a number of sites that offered exactly what I was looking for.

So today I am making a cookbook for my little six year old neice. I have ten recipes printed on beautiful sheets of paper (pink kitties and hearts all around the border). She loves cats and pink, and Valentine's Day is coming up. Tomorrow I will do the cover and back page as we have a great graphic design program at work.
Then I will bind it with pink ribbons. I hope she will like it, I do. :)





















Her Easy Bake Oven is not exactly as illustrated. :)


Tonight I am going to watch Guys and Dolls. I'm looking forward to it as I love old black and white movies. I looked it up on IMDb to get a little briefing and as I also love goofs..............


Goofs for Guys and Dolls (1955)

Continuity: Sky Masterson's handwriting on the back of the Bible verse card changes between shots.
Continuity: When Nathan and Adelaide are in the restaurant, Adelaide sneezes and raises her hand to her nose. In the next shot, she is holding a handkerchief in her hand which wasn't there before.
Continuity: While Sky and Nathan are talking in the restaurant and Nathan is trying to get Sky to eat some cheese cake, a man walking in the street outside disappears and a woman walks past in his place.


Tomorrow's Monday.........Put on a smile and get it over with. :)

7 comments:

Lemuel said...

What if I donwanna?! (put a smile on and get over it).

Ya did hafta remind me that tomorrow is Monday, didntcha?!

:)

Anonymous said...

I just heard last week that the Easy Bakes were recalled this year. Check into it. We were gonna get the Princess one for Christmas and didn't. So when I heard that I was happy we didn't. Kids are getting burnt or something. (makes sense);)

maggie said...

Hi Lemuel, ya dinna have to do it. Sorry I brought it up.:( If it's any consolation tomorrow is tuesday. :)

Hi BG, they recalled the front loading oven, my neices is on the side. We all did worry for a bit though until I checked it out.

You call your daughter Princess too.
That's cool. :)

Anonymous said...

What else would you call your only daughter in a house of all men!?? (except me of course)

Ur-spo said...

I wanted to thank you so much for all your kind and supportive words while I was away and so sick.
I still feel awful but at least I can sit up now for a few minutes without falling over sideways.
I look forward to 'catching up' this weekend.
It looks sooo cold there!

maggie said...

BG, you only have one daughter?
Princess she is of course. :)

Spo, I'm so glad that you are on the mend. It must have been awful for you.
Everyone missed you, you are our beacon of light. :)

Ur-spo said...

speaking of 'missing you'
where are you? hopefully not frozen away for a season.
write some!