Friday, February 09, 2007

It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World

I haven't posted anything really the past few days because my mind has not been sound.
I comment on other blogs but that's easy.

Princess (my daughter), love of my life, called me Tuesday and told me a horrific story of what had happened to her that day. She was crossing a street (in a crosswalk) and a woman in her car came barreling thru making a right turn. She picked Princess up and drove six feet with her on the hood of the car before stopping. When she did stop, Princess was thrown off the hood into a snowbank.

My daughter lay there for five minutes before the woman got out of the car. (She obviously was considering just taking off). When she did get out of the car, she came over to Princess and said,
" you're okay right, you can get up". Then she got back in her car and took off.

My daughter is bruised but okay, I realize that but it shook me up real bad.
She's so far away and I worry.

What's wrong with people??
No she didn't get a plate number, she's lying in a snowbank in shock. Witnesses, none came forward.

Has the world become so self absorbed that people have lost their sense of decency and respect for their fellow human beings?

That freakin scares me more than global warming.

10 comments:

Lemuel said...

Do you know if your daughter was checked by a physician? I hope your initial information is correct (that she was not badly hurt).

maggie said...

Lemuel,have you tried telling a 22 year old what to do? They think they are invincible.I tried telling her to get herself checked out and she just brushed the suggestion off.

steve'swhirlyworld said...

wow...I hope all is well. I would be a mess if I were a parent. People are FREAKS I tell ya. The last thing I'd think about doing, if I hit someone, is to take off. OMG...I'd be a mess.

maggie said...

Steve, if I hit someone I'd be a total mess too. The fact that someone would even consider taking off scares the livin' daylights out of me.

Ring,ring......, "who's there"?
Ahh......it's your conscience calling!!

TigerYogi said...

Maggie I'm so sorry! I'm glad that Princess is okay, but, she should go see a doctor just to be safe. Even though she didn't get a plate number, did she at least report it to the police with what she did see?

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers...

maggie said...

Tiger, thank you so much for your concern. She is too wrapped up in school to even consider going to the doctor and I'm too far away to make her. :(
No she didn't report it. She said she didn't even know what kind of car it was.

Anonymous said...

I just read last week of another blogger that got a call from her sister that she had been hit by a car. Do you have another daughter cuz, that would be weird.

Thanks for commenting. You can lurk now...:)

maggie said...

Hi BG, Thanks for the go ahead....:)

Nope, only one. I had her when I was a kid and we kind of raised each other.

Anonymous said...

I had my son when I was a kid too. It ain't all it's cracked up to be now is it?

I think things would have been way different if he were a girl. I wouldn't of had to keep popping kids out! *L*

maggie said...

Hi BG, your children are beautiful. I saw their pictures on your blog.

It was hard at the time($$$)but I wouldn't have traded it for all the $$$ in the world.

She was my inspiration to go back to university and make a better life for us. Now, she's my best friend and confidant. Unconditional love is a beautiful and rare treasure.