Monday, January 08, 2007

STUFF

The Wikipedia defines it as....

Stuff is any number of things and is a word used when someone wants to talk about some or all of those things. People say "stuff" sometimes when they do not know the real name of something.


It is things that you think are(were) important to you.
Material things, that you had some attachment to. Be it, some chair that you bought, a picture you liked at the time, a great but outdated jacket, your lucky shirt. :) etc., etc., etc., I could go on and on.

Really it's just stuff that is cluttering up your life.

For example:

When I left Toronto, I had very little time and space to take anything with me. My brother was picking me up with his truck. I was never going to be able to retrieve anything I left behind.(Another story). What did I take with me?
I had previously packed a box in the event of this situation. In it was pictures and mementos of my daughter growing up, my mother and father, and my family.
Very few clothes(favorite jackets and boots), books I love, and I guess that's about it.

In lieu of all this, I guess I'm just saying that material stuff can always be replaced.

Now the mental stuff.................that's something else I have to work on.

4 comments:

Lemuel said...

Oh! Please come and talk with my wife!

steve'swhirlyworld said...

A more appropriate term is "SHstuff" The crap that you never needed and you can't wait to give away.

Mental Shstuff can be written down, placed in a box, tape it up, and throw it away...that might help.

Ur-spo said...

check out my essay on stuff from 3/17/2006 called "Too Many Things"
I was proud of it but it was written before anyone read me.

maggie said...

Lemuel, haha. Somehow I don't think it would help. ;)

Steve, like when you break a mirror? You have to wrap it up and throw it in running water to break the bad luck?
I'll give it a shot. :)

Spo, I'm going to read that article tonite.