Tuesday, January 09, 2007

A Blessing Or A Curse



A couple of years ago I went to a well known local psychic. My Spidey Sense was in overdrive and I wanted to do something about it. I asked him how I could get rid of it. He said,"you can't, you have to embrace it". That was not what I wanted to hear.

It's not as bad as it was but it's definitely still around. I'll give you a couple of examples.

One female patient had just returned from Europe and her parents had recommended our office to her. "I'm glad they came and brought you home", I said. She was very upset and asked who told me. (She was in a very bad relationship with her husband) I knew none of this information.

Another patient wanted to buy a special electric toothbrush. I innocently said,"I know you don't like Walmart but........", "who told you that", she exclaimed. I had to think fast there.

Today I was waiting outside a medical building and a man came up to me and asked if I was Ruth. No, I said, that's her inside. He looked at me and said,"you're joking, right". No I said, look, that's her on the phone right in there. (I had never seen this woman before).

These are only simple examples that come to mind. It's the emotions that are the most difficult to deal with. Especially the angry ones.

I don't see things, I just know things.

4 comments:

steve'swhirlyworld said...

using your same comment..."are you for real?" ;0)

maggie said...

Yup! Unfortunately so.

TigerYogi said...

I still think that it's a neat gift! Just make sure that you never use it for evil... ;)

maggie said...

Not really so neat Tiger. The emotions part is very hard to deal with. Imagine feeling five or ten different emotions at the same time, all from different people.

Talk about evil, there is one funny story though. Our receptionist is suddenly single. She's like a walking hormone, all she talks about is sex. She set her eye on this patient,and wears sexy clothes when he is coming in. All she does is talk about him.
I don't have the heart to tell her that he likes me. But I'm not interested in dating men yet, so it's a no win/no win situation. ;)