Sunday, January 07, 2007

Death

Do what the Buddhist do. Every day, have a little bird on your shoulder that asks 'Is today the day? Am I ready? Am I doing all I need to do? Am I being the person I want to be?' "

I don't know how accurate this is, maybe Tiger can enlighten me. But I can't imagine living my life and every day asking a little bird, "is today the day". That just seems so morbid to me.


How would you spend your time if you had only twenty-four hours to live?

Serious thinking here. Wow, okay, here goes....................

Be with princess, that's a no brainer.
Tell her she will be strong and I will always be with her.
Say good-bye to my sisters and brothers.
Go to Cape Breton and say goodbye.
Sit in my mother's kitchen, look out on the the Bras d'Or lakes and think about all the wonderful times I had as a child.
Sleep in my mother's bed.
Forgive anyone that has done me harm and ask forgiveness of anyone that I have harmed.
Be buried next to my mother. (Cremation of course, I don't like bugs).

Sorry, no exciting things for me. I would just want peace of mind.

What would you do?







4 comments:

steve'swhirlyworld said...

Very serious posting today...

Hmmmm. I would have a party that would include all friends and family. We would EAT, DRINK, CRY, LAUGH, DANCE, and HUG. And then I would say goodbye and give each a small gift to remind them of the party and me.

maggie said...

I'm in a serious mood.(Remember who's Den you're in) :)

Very sweet goodbye.
Tells alot about a person. :)

Ur-spo said...

i'd be oh so pratical and tidy things up, papers in order, tell everyone where things are etc.

maggie said...

Oh No Spo, Say It Ain't So.

But then again, who am I to talk. :)