Saturday, January 20, 2007

Loved Ones

Our mother died four years ago. I took it very hard at the time. Mainly it was quilt that I hadn't been home or seen her for two years. This was so out of character for me as I used to go home twice a year. I was sick and in a very unhealthy relationship.
My brother picked me up and by the time we reached home, mom had gone into a semi coma.

She died 2 days later.
I didn't get a chance to say good-bye.
I was like a piece of china, fragile and oh so vunerable.

Walking around the house alone, everyone else had gone to the funeral home to make arrangements, I came across a wrapped Christmas present from the year before sitting on a table upstairs. It had my name on it, written in my mother's handwriting.

I believe in signs, I don't wait for them but I believe in them.

I opened my gift.

My mother was telling me she will always be in my heart.

5 comments:

Lemuel said...

A very simple, beautiful, but moving tribute to your mother and her love.

Treasure it always.

HUGS!

Ur-spo said...

that was touching; thank you for it.

TigerYogi said...

I'm glad that you found peace...

maggie said...

Lemuel, Spo, Tiger,

Thank you very much for your comments.
I have been in a weird mood these days and sometimes we all need a reminder of what's really important. :)

Anonymous said...

That is a touching post, and to think I would not have read it if it weren't for Spo?


That is kind of one of my worst fears. Death without good-bye. Without them knowing I love them.