Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Strollin' Down The Avenue........

I can just see Rosey and I now. (If I can do it) :)














My youngest sister, B (I have three, the other two shall be J1 and J2 respectively to their ages) bought these outfits for Rosey and I for Christmas. My vest is folded so you can't see the entire thing but it is beautiful. Rosey's coat is absolutely gorgeous. It's lined with soft black pile. Unfortunately it's way too big so I have to return it. B gave me the receipt and I nearly collasped. They cost a bloody fortune!!

Rosey, Princess and I spent Christmas Eve and Christmas morning at B's house. That was a memory that was worth it's weight in gold. My neice(5) was so excited over santa coming. She put out sprinkles(bright colored baking ones) on their back deck so that santa's reindeer could spot her house easily. Then she put out the cookies and milk for Santa. Then she went to bed.

My sister and I went to bed around 9. (After my sister wrote a note from Santa and I left crumbs on the plate and drank the milk).
The spare bedroom upstairs is next door to my neice so she came in with me because she couldn't sleep. I told her stories, she told me stories, Rosey licked her forever, but.......still she couldn't sleep. By 10:30, I'm half asleep and thought she went back to her room.

She comes in my room, literally jumping saying, "Santa was here! Santa was here! He ate his cookies and drank his milk. And he left me a letter". She's waving this piece of paper in front of my face.

I'm half asleep, but I have to think quick. Her father is watching, It's A Wonderful Life, with Princess and it's his job to put out the Santa presents.

"You're not supposed to see that until the morning", I said. "He may be peeking in the window, quick put it back". She tore off down the stairs, came back and hopped into bed.

To be with a five year old child on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning is a treasured moment. I am so happy that I was able to experience that once again.

No comments: