Monday, December 25, 2006

'Twas The Night Before Christmas......

Between the licking and the frosting, I don't know who got more, my five year old neice or the cake.

She got an easy bake oven. Doesn't every girl? :)

The cake got stuck to the pan and I had to do some reconstructive surgery before it was frosted.















There is a god!! Or a mother looking over me. Princess decided to leave for Houston today instead of Dec. 30. Her uncle lives there and her sister is coming in from Trinidad. She gets to spend Christmas with both sides of her families.

That got me off the hook. I don't have to go for Christmas dinner after all. Princess and I went to my sister's last nite (with Rosey in tow). It was wonderful and we had a beautiful dinner. Then we played games with the kids(one 5, one 14). Perfection and The Simpsons Clue Game.

Prior to the meal, Princess and her cousins were playing monopoly. I happened to overhear someone owned "crack alley". Guess where that was.......yup!
Then my nephew put up houses on it and they were calling them crack houses.

Anyway, today my other sister dropped Princess off at the airport and then me off at home. Because Princess wasn't going to be there I felt no obligation to attend Christmas dinner with you know who. This sister is also only going to be at our other sister's house just for the meal.
What a shame, we had so much fun last year.

Our family is very close, kind and considerate. The children(us) are polite, well mannered and taught to be respectful. We don't cause scenes in public , we don't respond to people who do, because that's the way we are. BUT.........

My sister-in law, she has been creating scenes in front of us since she entered our family. We put up with her because she is our brother's wife. She hasn't talked to her own mother and father since she was eighteen.

She has been very cruel to our mother and since we all lived away we were not always there to protect her. When we were, she didn't want us to say anything because the bitch would keep her children away from our mom. Well...........our mother is gone now, and I could not sit down to a Christmas Dinner with her and pretend that all was okay. In the past I did but no more.

On a lighter note,

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT............

2 comments:

Ur-spo said...

merry christmas to you too.
Funny I don't remember a crack alley in Monopoly though.

maggie said...

Baltic Avenue and Mediterranean Avenue. ($)
They were just having fun.