Sunday, October 08, 2006

Brains ain't all they're cracked up to be........

I'm really smart but really dumb sometimes. I decided to cook a turkey for Thanksgiving, (I really didn't decide until I went to the grocery store.) I love turkey and got caught up in the moment. Upon reflection, what was I thinking?

A 4.4 kg bird for ONE person. Yup! Go figure, I convinced myself that I could freeze most of it.

Anyway I also bought this prepared fancy cranberry stuffing, which I have never done before. Up at 7 a.m. , walked Rosey, than proceeded to prepare the bird. This time, for the hell of it, I decided to follow instructions that came with it. I grabbed my glasses off the counter, went over to the sink, put them on and everything was dark. What happened to the lights? I then realized I had put on my sunglasses. Yup! In my defense, I was still half asleep. I then added some of my own things to the stuffing like, pine nuts and smoked oysters. (I only trusted that prepared stuff so much.)

I'm not even hungry now and the turkey is done to perfection, I better go for a run to work up an appetite.

Princess is going to a DP(displaced people) :) dinner tonite with her university cohorts.

Oh, she got a job. She is now a barista and has been keeping me in good humor with tales of her job. One customer yesterday, was sticking around the coffee shop until closing time. I jokingly said, "didn't the swish of the mop between her feet give her the hint"?
"No", Princess said, "it didn't"!
She really WAS mopping around her feet and the person paid no attention.
Why are some people so inconsiderate?

Anyway, I'm off for a run...........I wonder what that dressing will taste like? Hmmmmm.

No comments: