Monday, October 09, 2006

Michigan J. Frog

You know the frog from the old black & white WarnerBros. cartoons? Singing, Hello my baby, hello my honey, hello my ragtime gallllllllll.............................., he'd only sing for the construction worker and no one believed him. Still with me? Okay then. I feel like that scenario today.

After I came back from my run yesterday, I still wasn't hungry but I tried a slice of turkey and a spoonful of the dressing. The turkey was the best one I have ever, ever cooked. The dressing was divine, I kid you not. The only thing is.......is that I am the only one that knows that and everyone else will just have to take my word for it. They are all out of town, hence my comparison. I don't know why but it just seemed appropiate.

Perhaps because I love that cartoon and Foghorn Leghorn. Also, The Roadrunner, Pluto, and Tweetie Bird. (My bathroom is all done up in Tweetie Bird stuff, shower curtain, floor mat, towels, soap dispenser, and even a BIG Robin Hood Tweety Bird on the top of my toilet tank.
What can I say? I love the classics.

I miss Princess. We talk all the time. She had a wonderful evening last nite at dinner. She really likes her fellow DP's. She's having the Brit over for dinner tonite, she's been to his place a number of times so she is reciprocating.

I'm going down memory lane............( bare with me)

When she was three & one-half years old, her father and I were separating and sat her on the chesterfield to tell her. Later when she was older, she told me she was fine at the time but she was worried who was going to get the computer. She had all her games on it, along with spelling and math programs that I had bought for her.

Another time, a few years later when she was seven, a gentleman friend ( one skiing date) had bought me a Christmas present. I never dated openly around her, only when she was away or at a friends house. I didn't want that "uncle" situation, so she never actually saw anyone. But she had big ears and eyes, and knew this bottle of perfume was from a man.

Anyway, one day shortly after, we were in a department store and she spied the fragrance counter. She went right up to it, spied the exact perfume in the glass counter and boldly asked the lady how much it was . $150.00 the lady responded. After we left the store she turned to me and said, "he must really like you".

This comes from a shy child who wouldn't even buy something from the corner store without me asking. Her class reports were excellent except the remarks, she should interact and speak out more. She told me in later years that she didn't speak out because the conversation wasn't worth it.

Child of mine. :)

1 comment:

maggie said...

Ther's something to be said for the strong silent type.

YEAH!