Thursday, October 05, 2006

Did You Ever Have, "Just One Of Those Days"


I am so psyched, I found a perfect present today. I was just walking down the street at lunch and a Japanese restaurant nearby has been sold and the new owners are selling off the dishes at ridiculous prices.
I bought soup bowls, rice bowls, tea cups, sushi plates and two saki holders with saki cups. I know I'm not using the right terminology for the dishes but I'm only Canadian. :)

Then I went to a local coffee shop, Tim Hortons, I wanted to try their chili as everyone tells me it's the best. The special included a donut and coffee. I wanted a bagel as I don't like donuts but didn't even get into that and was prepared to pay the difference. The girl said, why don't I just give you that instead of the donut. Was I hearing right?? No fuss no muss? I'm telling you my stars must have been lined up today! I felt like I could take on the world. :)

Getting back to presents, I also found a beautiful Japanese placemat set. (New, at another shop). The placemats are gorgeous but it's the chopsticks and their holders........... they have a pink design with pink rosebud holders. How's that for cute.
I also have bought a really cute Japanese pink kitty cutlery set. Thanks to a fellow blogger, Shigeki, that has one.( d:-o )

Changing the subject, I had an unexpected patient in today. She thought she had an appointment with me but she wasn't on the schedule. She was a bit upset as her appointments have been rescheduled twice now. It turned out fine as I has a father and daughter before her that I finished early with and was able to fit her in. I really like her so I was happy to make her happy. Anyway during the appointment there was a lot of water and I asked her, " do you swallow or spit it out"? She said, "it doesn't matter, I'm easy to get along with". Two seconds later, I cracked up and said , do you realize what I just said? She was laughing so hard she couldn't talk. I wouldn't have said anything if she wasn't cool.

On that note, I hope you have..........one of those days.

1 comment:

maggie said...

I haven't had one in years either Hanuman,your turn is coming up. :)