Friday, July 14, 2006

That's What Friends Are For

Dionne Warwick got it right!

Keep smilin' keep shinin'
Knowing you can always count on me for sure
That's what friends are for
In good times and bad times I'll be on your side forever more
Ohh That's what friends are for

I came back from my holiday early because Princess was going away on holiday and needed someone to be at her apartment for the movers today. She's going to Calgary for her graduate studies. Up at 5 A.M. like a trooper, to be at her place to make sure everything is in order. The movers were great, small but wirey. I didn't think they could handle the heavy boxes, neither one of them was over 5'6" and 120 lbs soaking wet, but............you can't judge a book by it's cover. They were Mighty Men!!! Superman could take tips. HeHe.
Talking about books, her estimate for the poundage in moving is way more than she thought.
$1000.00 more. And it's all her freakin' books that caused it. Oh well, who can put a price on one's addiction. Certainly not me. I'll give her the bad news when she gets home. She's now on the beach in Tobago enjoying herself and hopefully she has a cute cabana boy catering to her every need.

I also have to keep on top of her laptop that she had to send to Texas to be repaired. They're a bitch to get a hold of. Good luck to me! :)

She has this 2' by 3' board to make notes on. Typical, she has it bordered in pink satin and white tulle. I wasn't being nosey, I was just wondering if they would take it because it wasn't boxed.
She had her new budget written on it. Check this out!!

Rent............... Whatever
Groceries....... $ 100.00/mth
Necessities.......$ 100.00/mth
Frivolities.........$100.00/week

I don't know if that was a typo, but it was written by hand. :)

I love her dearly, and she was there for me many times when I needed her, so as Dionne says.....................

2 comments:

steve'swhirlyworld said...

I love that budget...I need a "Frivolities" section...and $100.00 a week would be great. $400.00 per month! I like how Princess thinks...she takes care of herself.

maggie said...

HaHa. Me Too. :)