Saturday, July 15, 2006

Blogging

I heard about blogging but didn't really know what it was about. I accidently came across one in my internet travels. I found the blogger interesting and responded. (although somewhat cranky, the blogger). During that time I came across other bloggers who I found intelligent and funny. I decided to create a blog myself, which I enjoy.

The thing is, is that the bloggers that I enjoy happen to be gay males. Am I a fag hag? That term alwaysed seemed to have such a negative connotation, I tend to shy away from it.

1. Some would say that fag hags are pitied based on the assumption that their fascination with gay men lies in infatuation, which will most likely never be consummated. While this is occasionally true, most fag hag relationships contain no romantic feelings; indeed, some fag hags are lesbian.

2. This relationship, like most positive relationships, generally evolves out of shared interests and opinions. It offers heterosexual women an opportunity to participate in a gay community where arts, fashion, and literature are embraced and encouraged.

3. The gay community also offers straight women a safe environment to party in relative freedom from unwanted sexual advances.

None of these really pertain to me except the freedom from unwanted sexual advances, at this time in my life. I escaped from a relatively long relationship (8 yrs), very abusive and volatile. I even have to have my phone and address under another name for my safety. Do I want another man in my life now? Definitely not. I am just enjoying the peace and quiet that life allows me.

Getting back to blogging, I really enjoy having contact with people that are intelligent, funny, witty, informative, and enlightening. The fact that they are gay, well............. suits me just fine!
I just hope that they accept me for me.

2 comments:

steve'swhirlyworld said...

Looking at older posts...you're not a fag hag unless you want to be :) If you want to be, we'll make you our honorary F.H. I'd like to think of you as a friend either way.

maggie said...

I don't want to be a FH.
I think I just want to be your friend.
Wow, I was just reading my old posts too. :)