Sunday, April 30, 2006

Apr 30 1975
Saigon falls to the Communists, necessitating a sudden helicopter evacuation from the U.S. embassy's rooftop. Says one of the pilots: "We sent the journalists out on one of the earliest lifts because they were becoming a pain in the ass."

Ah gee, I find that so hard to believe.


A Study of Cat Behavior

I am going to use the next two weeks to my advantage and learn something new. Only problem is, I don't know if my subject is the typical cat. She's way too timid and sweet. I have seen some pretty beasty felines out there, but I'll do what I can, with what I've got.

So Darkstar (owner is a skateboarder....) and I begin. She's so not a Darkstar! 3:00 a.m., there was a crash , I lifted my head up from the pillow, looked around, remembered I had a cat, fell back to sleep. I found a small table knocked over when I got up. No big schmeel. Then later, I realized she couldn't reach my windows, so I put a chair by a couple of them. Let's see, oh yeah, after that, she had the decency to retch up a furball on my bathroom floor. ( three actually) I had to call a friend to see if the size was normal because one was huge. They said it was because of her long fur. Phew! The kitty is a tad expensive, I don't need added stress.

Okay, let me see what I have learned today.

Cats like to play and jump on things. Cats like to look out windows. Cats cough up disgusting bits of their own fur.

Not a bad start, right? :->

No comments: