Saturday, June 07, 2008

Update.......Life Such As It Is Part II

Well.......... where do I begin? It's been such a long time since I wrote on my blog.

I'm definitely a different person since I last wrote here. The excruciating pain in my hip from osteoarthritis has completely dissappeared but there is a different kind of pain now. The kind from muscles, tendons, ligaments and soft tissue that has been cut through and then the rounded head of the thigh-bone, or femur is then cut off, and the arthritic bone is removed from the socket. The ball and socket are then replaced by two prosthetic devices, which are tightly fitted into the bone of the femur and the pelvis. This is what takes so long to heal and what curtails you from doing much of anything for about 3 months.
It's also very scary because I'm constantly worried that I'm going to do something that will pop my artifical joint out of place. This is probably(definitely) all in my head as the statistics say this rarely happens. :)

On the bright side....... I'm very adept on my crutches and am able to walk Rosey every morning and evening. We are quite the sight! Me on my crutches and my little pug walking very gently on a leash beside me. Rosey has been a doll during all my trials and tribulations. She walks softly beside me, stops when I stop, sits when I sit, etc. She never behaved so good when I was well. Whoever says dogs are not intuitive are dead wrong!!

Also, since I've been home and in the hospital, I never realized how many people care about me. People I've worked with (in other offices besides my own), patients, neighbours (even ones that I hardly know), my doctors (especially my psychiarist) have shown such concern, I was overwhelmed. If I ever suffered from loneliness or thought that no one cared, that is all in the past. My family have been wonderful. One of my sisters, comes over to my apartment to clean for me, buy groceries, and takes me to all my appointments.
My daughter, God Bless Her!! She arrived from Calgary the day I got out of the hospital and spent 2 weeks looking after me. I would never have survived without her as it was a very difficult time.

That's my update folks and from now on it will hopefully be cheery subjects that I post about, as I have learned a lot in my recent experiences. All of it positive!!

Take Care and Lots of Love To All

6 comments:

Lemuel said...

It was *so* good to read this! just *so* good!

Take good care of yourself! Glad to read that others are stepping in!

maggie said...

Dear Lemuel, Thank you for your kind thoughts. I appreciate them more than I can put into words.

Ur-spo said...

I am glad to see you posting and even more glad to hear you are doing OK.

You were missed.

John said...

Welcome back Darlin'! It's good to see you word-bloggin' again... I'll be sendin' you lots of good healin' energies...

Huggs, etc.

maggie said...

Dear Spo, That was a catharsis post and one that I'm glad is over.
In your line of work you understand how important that was for me.
Out with the old....on with the new.

Thank you very much for missing me, I missed you too!!
Lots of Love,
Maggie

maggie said...

Hello Bunny My Darlin',

The fact that you are taking the time to be sendin' me lots of good healin' energies....takes my breath away. (In a good way my fantabulous friend).
XXXOOO

It's good to see you word-bloggin' too.I'm looking forward to catching up on all your posts.

Love and Big Hugs,
Maggie