Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A Day In The Life Of........... Maggie

Last Thursday to be exact!!

It started off innocently enough, I went to work, then I had a physiotherapy appointment on my lunch hour for my leg. My therapist did acupuncture on me that day, which I was looking forward to, as it has always worked well for me in the past, for different reasons.
Later that day, my leg started to hurt more than it ever has in the past?????

I also had a psychiarist's appointment after work, which I wasn't looking forward to, due to the pain in my leg. I rush to my shrink's office and ring her doorbell, she answers but is very surprised to hear from me. Apparently my appointment was the day before! I had it in my calendar book for the 22nd but she said it was for the 21st. She was very upset with me, telling me how busy she was, how many other people needed the appointment...she vented for about fifteen minutes. I was so stressed that I was crying, she then put up her hand and said, "okay, it's done........let's get on with our therapy". WTF!! How could I go from her making me feel like a piece of crap and then just step into our regular therapy routine?

I managed somehow (with a great deal of mental strength) and after my session she ended up driving me home.

Okay, I'm home now, feeling bad but coping. Then Rosey decided to have a piddle on the kitchen floor. She's running away from me and I'm trying to catch her and wipe her bum before she tracks it around. Just then, my leg gives out from underneath me and I end up crashing to the floor, landing mainly on the side of my head. OUCH!!!!

Okay, shit happens, but unfortunately, mine left a mark .

I have been trying to cover it with make-up, but today one of my favorite patients (an M.D.) looked at me and said, "did you fall?" And then, with a knowing sympathetic face, in a low sincere whisper said, "did someone hit you?" She definitely believed the latter to be true!!

I was scheduled to attend a seminar this evening but after that, decided to take a pass.
People are too quick to make snap judgements and I didn't want to be the topic of conversation.

I'm fine really, but here is a picture so you can judge for yourself. (This picture was taken tonight, five days later)

BTW There is nothing wrong with the lighting of my camera, that pretty yellow on my forehead is all mine.

PS Today was a great day, simply because it was uneventful.

Hugs & Kisses
Maggie





5 comments:

Lemuel said...

That is some nasty bruise! Watch it carefully, Maggie.

You do know that it was a full moon just about then, don't you?

I'm afraid I would have been tempted to do some 2x4 therapy on your psychotherapist. Most doctors (of all kinds) around here have their staff call the day before to remind patients of appointments. That helps to avoid the situation you found yourself in.

And don't take it out on sweet Rosey! She may have been put off kilter by the bad vibes of all that was happening.

I hope your remaining days are uneventful and pleasant!

BIG HUGS!

Anonymous said...

Dang! I was hoping for a surprise at the end. But no. All rain and no sunshine!

Well I hope you have it all out of your system and things return to normal or even fabulous!

XXOO

maggie said...

Hi Lemuel, No I didn't know there was a full moon around that time. That would explain a lot.
Luckily for me that was not a typical day but I thought I would share it, just in case anyone else thought they had a bad day.

Of course I didn't take it out on my sweet Rosey. We all make mistakes!! As a matter of fact, I have made an appointment for her this friday at the vet's. She's also drinking a lot of water lately and I'm afraid she might have diabetes.
Big Bear Hugs Bacatcha. :)

Hi BG, Nope, no happy ending that day I'm afraid. Of course it's out of my system now, I never let a bad day get me down for very long!

It is nice to hear from you Sweetie, I haven't for awhile. I missed you!! :(

XXOO Maggie
PS Don't be such a stranger!!

Ur-spo said...

i remember once going to a counseling session and having the shrink yell at me over something i thought was nice -i brough in some bagels.
I felt so bad from his verbal beratement I vowed I would never ever yell at a patient myself.
So far i think I have kept that promise.
Doctors who yell do no good for it.

maggie said...

Hi Spo, thank you so much for your comment!
I too feel that berating a patient does no good, except make them [the patient]feel worse.

Annoyance at me for missing an appointment[by mistake] I could accept, but it was the way she dismissed her anger after her tirade.
The fact that she felt that we could go on, like nothing happened, was what blew me away.