Saturday, July 14, 2007

PROGENITOR

Definition....... a direct ancestor.

Descendants....... all of the offspring of a given "progenitor".
An orginator of a line of descent; a precurser.

I don't think I am going to be one..........










Love of My Life.......










Mine will end with Princess........ apparently she doesn't want any children. No little Maggie's running around half naked making mudpies. [boohoo]

I have been looking forward to being a grandmother since forever. I never had that, "I'm too young to be a grandma" feeling. As a matter of fact, I want them while I'm still young and have lots of energy.

I was thinking about it today and would love to be in the delivery room with my daughter, holding her hand, giving her lots of love and support. I never had that when I was giving birth to her, I was all alone.

My baby doll is living with her boyfriend now and they seem to be getting along very well. He adores her and treats her very well. He's doing his Ph.D in English Literature, the same as her, so they have a lot in common. That and he has a great sense of humour!! Bonus!!

My dream would be that she changes her mind because he is one of "the good guys" and would make a great father.

A mother can dream, can't she?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are a handful of people out there who do not wish for children. I have a good friend who doesn't want any. I don't get it. I would hate for my children to not have at least one grandchild! Maybe she will come around!! One never knows! Till then you have the niece and nephew!! Better than nothing!

P.S. I remember Yosemite Sam A.K.A. Sammity Sam, I meant I don't remember that episode. I was so young I only remember a handful of them. My dad loved that cartoon too.

Lemuel said...

I think it may be hard to do, but as you write, you must allow your daughter to make her own life. If that means little grand-maggies, great! But it may not. I relate. I have two sons. One is now 30 has a girlfriend, but I'm not so sure there will be little 'uns. My other son has no prospects. But I would rather them be happy than to be in a bad marriage or to father children that they did not want or would not care for. There is far too much misery in this world for them to add any too it.

Ur-spo said...

phooey and pishposh
I have learned not to take anyone's announced reproduction plans seriously. They NEVER do what they say -and it is the ones who announce 'no kids' who end up not only having them but love it. so hang in there and don't push it.

maggie said...

Hi BG, My 2 best girlfriends in Toronto, decided not to have children. I understand and respect their decision, children are not for everyone.

Hi Lemuel, My daughter and I have a relationship where she just laughs at me. She knows that I will respect whatever she chooses.
I was just *dreaming*. :)

Hi Spo, *Pishposh*, I haven't heard that expression in a long time. :)
Gawd no, I don't push it. It's actually a running joke between us.
Whatever she chooses to do, is what I want for her.

TigerYogi said...

I agree, she's still too young to never say never!

Good luck Grandma! ;)

steve'swhirlyworld said...

Ohhhhhh they're still young, and things happen.

maggie said...

HI TY, This might be the only time someone called me Grandma!!!
Thanks Sweetie!! :)

Hi Steve, I hope you're right, but she has always been adament about the kid issue. Maybe she just needed to meet the right guy to change her mind? :)