Monday, June 11, 2007

The Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Waste

Because to waste a mind, is to waste a person.

I woke up this morning and for the first time in ???? many years, I felt good!!!
Like I was interested in what I was going to do that day. Not only interested but looking forward to it! I can't tell or explain to you what that felt like.

All I can say is that, I felt like I was my old self again. I'm not naive, I know this may not last but I am sure as hell hoping that it does.

The issues of medication that I spoke with my Doctor about were:

1) She increased my regular med because she told me that my body had become too familiar with my present dosage.

2) With the new dosage, I was more irritable and aggitated. I also take an anti-anxiety med(she did not increase) and it was not working.

3) She spoke of another drug I might have to take, in combination with the one I am taking. I was opposed to this, as I am very worried about *cocktails*. I have to work and with my job, I want to be in complete control of myself. The med I am now taking is called a *free drug*, no side affects.

All that being said, it has been almost three weeks now on the new dosage, and today I woke up and felt for the first time, it might be working!! YEAH!!!

It's weird, you live in this blah world for so long, it's all you expect it will ever be. You really forget what real living and feelings are all about. I don't want to lose this new (even if it's only a peek) look on life.

Wish me luck!!!

PS If the medication is working, now I can continue on to the therapy. They go hand in hand, you can't have one without the other to get well.


On Another Note

This picture is for Heather, just so you would know what I was talking about. I found out about them by coincidence, as my neice loves pretzels and she loves cheese, I bought them for her.
Well............they are to die for, not literally of course but if you are looking for a treat, I would highly recommend them. Yum.....my!!!


7 comments:

Ur-spo said...

Rx take about 2-6 weeks to kick in, and you can see results over 3 months.
good luck

Lemuel said...

Do you read Joël (Would I?)? He has been struggling with his meds. So glad you had this bright spot and I hope it is a sign that others will follow.

Synder's of Hanover makes good stuff. Has you nice every eaten Bachmann's or Unique Pretzels? We live very close to each of the factories. DANGER! DANGER! hehe.

John said...

Hey there Darlin', I'm so glad your doin' well. That's WONDERFUL!

An' yes, them pretzels is REAL good...

Huggs, etc...

maggie said...

Hi Spo, I know, I've been down this road before. Thanks for the luck! :)

Hi Lemuel, No I haven't but I will check him out.
I thought of you when I read they were a Pa. company. :)
I just tried the pretzel bites with cheddar cheese. Ooh la la, c'est magnifique!!!

Hi Bunny, Thanks Darlin', that means a lot to me.

Kisses and Huggs.....

steve'swhirlyworld said...

Good luck with the change in meds. I hope you have continued success.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your doing so well, you would never know you are struggling through your blog your such an upbeat wonderful person!

I have had those pretzels, they aren't my favorite but they are good! Thanks!

maggie said...

Hi Steve,Thanks sweetie,me too.:)

Hi BG, I have a real knack for facades, thank gawd. Who wants to around a depressed person? :)