Monday, May 21, 2007

My Sweeties

I have a neice and nephew (twins) in Cape Breton that e-mail me to keep in touch. They are eight now but have been doing so since they were six. Callum is a bit AWOL with his writing (he's my soul mate) but Maddie drops me a line regularly.

I received this e-mail yesterday from Maddie ............

Subject: I Love You

Hi Aunt Maggie How are you doing?I am fine.I hope Rosie is doing good.Whats new with you?Irene is getting Big! And she still bites and it hurts alot! I hope you like these pictures!
(See photos Above )

Irene is a puppy that they got in March. Irene is also the name of their grandmother that died in December/06. Three months earlier! At first I was taken aback, not knowing what to make of the name calling.

After I thought about it for awhile, I realized that it was very appropriate. Their grandmother(mother's mom) was a such a kind and gentle soul she would have loved it. The twins are also sensitive and loving, so I'm sure they had their own logic for the honour they bestowed upon the puppy.

Ya gotta love kids, they have their own way of looking at the world........ thru innocent eyes.


Have A Groovy day!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes they aren't so innocent. It's a cover-up!

I see sometimes, even in my 10 yearold, how innocent they can be. It is amazing. And it won't last forever. ;(

maggie said...

Hi BG, I know, it's so sad when grow older and lose it. :)