Thursday, February 22, 2007

My Family

I was reading Spo's Blog today and it triggered a memory of an earlier post that I had written.
I think it is appropriate to re-post it again.

April 9
Education and Sharing Day

Sharing Day, hmmmmm, I don't like to share my things. My books especially. For some reason when I have people over they look at all my books (I have a "few") and feel that they should read more. They inevitably start perusing my bookshelves for one to borrow.

It's insane and I can't explain it, but my heart starts to go in palpitations. A lot of people treat books like they are only there for their enjoyment, to be used and then abandoned.
My books are like my family, near and dear to me. It would be like lending out your mother or sister, not knowing what condition they would be in when, or if they were returned .

I now have a special shelf for these occasions, books I have never read (nor have any interest in doing so). I gently lead my guests in their direction and rave how wonderful they are. I have never got one of those books back, nor do I care. My family is safe.

Now, as for picking favorites........like my profile says, "I love ALL my books". :)

6 comments:

Ur-spo said...

i have a few bookd like that too.

maggie said...

I should hope you do. :)

TigerYogi said...

I am the same way. I HATE lending my books out!

maggie said...

OMG Tiger,thank you. I thought I had issues. Whewwwww, what a relief. :)

Anonymous said...

I lend carefully too. I only lend to certain people and I give suddle hints that I would like it back promptly (after they read it of course)and in the same condition. I've started ebaying some of my books I know I'll never read again. The Janette Oke books were good, but not good enough I would want to read them again. So, you are not alone!

maggie said...

Hi BG, Thanks for the support. :)