Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Back To The Land of The Living

Whewwwwww, I had a really bad flu since saturday.
I thought I was a goner there for a while. :)

Today I woke up with a semblance of normalcy. This I have not felt since last saturday nite.
Let's just say I couldn't venture very far from the latrine.
I can only imagine how you must have felt Spo. Double or triplefold my illness.

The funny thing is, is that Rosey was sick too. Vomiting and not eating her food.
Do dogs/animals suffer from psychosymtomatic syndrome? Or maybe there is a more fitting terminology.

I had a brainstorm this a.m. when I was out with Rosey. I won't go into details but she loves children. She knocks them down (when they are on their knees petting her) and smothers them with kisses. I called the local children's hospital and asked about animal therapy. (volunteering) I'm waiting on their response but I think it would be wonderful. All the kids in the neighborhood love her and she has a darling personality.

Wish me luck with our venture.

Oh yeah, happy hump day!
(What an ambiguous phrase)

8 comments:

Lemuel said...

Sorry you were so ill. Glad you are feeling better.

It amazes me the effect a friendly animal (especially a dog) can have on people.

Anonymous said...

So glad you are feeling better!!
I feel so bad for Spo too, can you imagine?

I think your venture is great! I would love to do something like that for seniors too. But I have no dog, just cats and birds...and a mouse.

TigerYogi said...

I'm glad that you're feeling better too! :)

maggie said...

Hi Lemuel, thank you so much. It's so true about animals making people happy. It must be that unconditional love they have to offer.

Hi BG, thank you, that's so nice of you to say. :)
OMG, you have cats, birds and a mouse!!
I always thought cats ate birds and mice??

Hi Tiger, thank you sweetie.I'm all better now! :)

John said...

You continue gettin' better Darlin'!

Huggs, etc... Bunny Lynn

maggie said...

Why Bunny thank you so much. That truly does my heart good.

Huggs and kisses rite back at ya!

Ur-spo said...

glad to know you are on the mend
send the pooch down here; i know some kids in the neighborhood she can knock down a lot.

maggie said...

Hi Spo, ditto back to you.
Nope, she ain't going to Arizona. Pugs have respiratory issues and the heat is particularly hard on them.
You're gonna have to knock those kids down yourself. :)