Thursday, January 11, 2007

Old Folk

I don't know if the "Older Generation" are like this in your city, but they sure are in mine........


They feel that because they are old, they have a right to be..... obnoxious, overbearing, rude, and totally self-centered. Also, it seems that the more money they have, the cheaper they are.
That's another story!

For some reason they feel that they have to assert themselves because we, the younger generation, are out to screw them. :-)

Today I was at the grocery store, it was very cold out so I waited inside for a taxi. One older lady(sweet) was complaining that she was waiting thirty minutes for a taxi. After a few minutes one rolled up, I knew it was mine but because my spidey sense is not always on, I didn't go out and check. I let her take it. (you have to give a name to the driver) Besides, she was sweet and old, I would have given it to her anyway. Hah! She must have lied though! (The driver usually calls out your name).

Well, after fifteen minutes I called them again and sure enough, someone else had taken my cab. In the meanwhile, two old people (one with a cane) had called also but they were waiting outside. A taxi drew up and I wheeled my cart outside and sure enough it was for me. I knew the anger I was feeling from the oldies and when I looked back at them as we drove away, let's just say "if looks could kill", I'd be dead.

It was so cold out I didn't care. I did my good deed for the day.

PS I always thought that when you retired and got older, you had more time and tolerance.

Guess I thought wrong!!

4 comments:

Lemuel said...

Watch it! We geezers will get the Grey Panthers after you!

[LOL!]

steve'swhirlyworld said...

I find in the south that they are much nicer...Louisiana area. HERE in AZ, they're NUTS...they're meaner than spit...just my thoughts.

Ur-spo said...

i agree with you.
this recent 'crop' of oldsters are more whiny/self centred and less patient than the previous generation. When I compare my grandparents to today's grandparents, it is like the present ones grew older but not in wisdom.

maggie said...

Lemuel, YOU are NOT a geezer!!

Steve, I love that expression. I'm going to borrow it.

Spo, I think you hit the proverbial nail on the head.