Thursday, December 28, 2006

What A Heel











For the past couple of months, my legs have been in excruciating pain. It hurt to even walk. They even hurt when I was doing nothing. I was terrified of what might be the problem. Thoughts of bone cancer, MS, or some terrible ailment was running thru my mind.

I went to my doctor and explained my symptoms and he sent me for a series of tests. I had a call back from his office last week that he wanted to see me. Today I went in to see him and all he said was that my iron was low. (Story of my life).

"What about my legs"? I enquired. "Nothing showed up", he said.

We talked about anything different I might have been doing, or any change in footwear.
Well....I thought about it and realized that I have been wearing flat shoes since last June. All my adult life I have worn high shoes or boots. (block heel, haha)

Very seriously, he asked me why I changed. With him looking at me so intently, I tried to think of a logical explanation. Nothing came to mind, so I said, "they were cute, so I bought a few".

He said, "go back to your regular shoes and see me next month".

2 comments:

Ur-spo said...

either your doc is very bright or at least has some fashion sense.

maggie said...

LMAO Thanks. It's a great way to start the day!