Friday, November 17, 2006

Two Mints in One

I really have two separate personas.

The confident, funny, intelligent one.
And.........the introverted, sad, lonely one.

When I moved here to this city, I had been on antidepressants for about two years. I didn't have a physician, so I went to a drop in clinic for my meds until I found one. I found one that was close to work and asked him how much longer I could expect to be on them. I'll never forget his answer. "Probably for life", he said. That freaked me out so much I took myself off them.(Gradually of course). Well needless to day, that wasn't one of my best decisions.

Well, then I got another Dr. and this one seems to be more compatible with me. The only thing is that here, the Dr.'s are so busy, they don't have the time to spend with you. I bascially tell my doctor what I think is best and he gives it to me. Just because I'm a professional, doesn't mean I'm your equal. I know about teeth for gods sake, not my mental health.

I do know how I feel, and that is how I monitor myself. Great diagnosis technique huh?
Common sense.

I took this week of to assess myself and start some sort of therapy. This blog is going to be part of it.

No comments: